Chicken for for bait ?

The Bald Weasel

Years ago I was on a Navy vessel in Papua new Guinea and we were anchored on a reef for a Sunday arvo. We had chicken legs for lunch and all the bones went over the side. After lunch we had a fish and got some big reds, a couple of which were kept for a feed. When we cleaned them found they were stuffed to the gills with the chicken bones we had chucked over the side earlier.

Also in Papua New Guinea a couple of the boys had made up a shark line which they baited with a whole raw chicken that they got off the cook. They caught a tiger shark about 4m long on it, which the local villagers claimed, towed ashore and had a big feast on it.

[attachment=42983]Fatjack.JPG[/attachment]

Caught this Fat Jack using a down rigger and a leads hijacker under some mored boats in Trinity Inlet. Took it home out of curiosity and found 5 or so chicken bones in its gut. It was very fatty but still ate well.

That jack is so fat! Has the shape of a football :lol:

chicken in particular chicken breast is a prime bait on a number of species.

i love how they hold firm & can last through the pickers until a bigger fish gets a go at it..

Bream, flatties & snappers are only afew of many a species that ive seen caught on such a versatile bait..

Our First AFO Charter "Out There Charters" think it was called. I used Chicken breast cut into strips and covered with parmasarn cheese. I do believe that I caught the most fish that day. Only other dude that was catching well was Faulked on steak strips.

Never forget Jeff F with his awesome catch of Grinner!!! LMFAO

• 9 years later...