Sod of a Cod

ryanyoung

G'day all,

Today I thought I would head out and catch up with some of our fantastic natives in the sweetwater with Ferg.

Weird day really, some of you might remember this pic from a couple of weeks ago......

post-5695-144598714762_thumb.jpg

Today I found it's big brother, going conservatively around 85-90cm, and this was the end result......

post-5695-144598714773_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598714784_thumb.jpg

Ferg managed a yella while I was there, however I had to leave early, so am expecting to get a call about all the top fish he caught after I left lol :P

post-5695-144598714792_thumb.jpg

I reckon I could go on for ever about the massive surface strike this fish gave me, and how I had the shakes for a while after, but I will leave it up to your imagination of how a fish that size would strike a lure in skinny water.

A massive thanks to the fellas at Tackle Shop Carseldine, who fixed me up with a new rod after the Cod Apocalypse, this time something a little heavier :whistle:

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

Ryan.

PS - After fighting the big fella for a couple of minutes with two bits or rod, and then trying to swim for him, he casually busted me off.....Ha ha ha, see you next time Cod.

That sucks. Still, better to have loved and lost that never to have loved at all, as they say!

So what size rod and line were you using (so I know what not to use when I finally go chasing big cod ;) )

By the way how did you go looking for your lost combo... any luck?

Better luck next time mate.

-Steve.

it's the third time i've seen that monster cod. i think it just doesn't want to get it's picture taken :lol: and ahhh we won't talk about how i may have contributed to it's escape :whistle: :dry:

after a not so good morning, the day had to get better so after we left i headed up the road to another locaton where i managed to land 3 cod. unfortunatly i only got a pic of the first one as my camera had died from leaving it turned on :(

man it sucks when your fishing on your own and there's no one else to share your excitment.

anyway here's a pic of the smaller one.

post-3937-144598715498_thumb.jpg

it's the third time i've seen that monster cod. i think it just doesn't want to get it's picture taken :lol: and ahhh we won't talk about how i may have contributed to it's escape :whistle: :dry:

after a not so good morning, the day had to get better so after we left i headed up the road to another locaton where i managed to land 3 cod. unfortunatly i only got a pic of the first one as my camera had died from leaving it turned on :(

man it sucks when your fishing on your own and there's no one else to share your excitment.

anyway here's a pic of the smaller one.

[attachment=43050]stanleycod005.JPG[/attachment]

Nice fish mate.

So, have I mentioned my photography skills? :whistle: :silly:

Archived