Jackalls vs Kokoda G-Vibe

jgarner447

I have been testing these lures out side by side with a couple of mates for bass for the last 2 weeks and they are both great lures, I must say tho that the Jackall lure does have more hits, for example i went tuesday afternoon and i got 7 bass on the jackall and my mate got 4 using the g-vibe, all in the same spot, a total of 11 fish in an hour and a half and only 2 fish were under 40cm ... most of them were right on 40cm ;) i like how simple they are to use, i must admit they can both snag pretty easy so i will chuck out a g-vibe to test the structure out before putting a jackall on lol tuesday i didnt have to swim for a lure even once :) but sunday i was in 3 times lol ... Jackalls paint work is alot better with my lure only suffering a bit of paint chips around the head but my mates g-vibe copped a hiding, by the end of the day half his lure was paintless ... with both lures it has been instant hookup...ive used other lures that get hit and missed but i havent had that problem with these, they will definitely be my go to lure and id definitely buy both brands..

I wonder how these lures would go in salt water?

Good work on the Bass mate! Were you hopping or slow rolling the lure?

I prefer the Threadybusters over Jackalls and Kokoda's. They swim awesome, don't melt (I had my first transam melt randomly in my tacklebox) have a good price (unlike the crazy Jackall prices :S) and come in different weights so you can use them in shallow water for Bass and Jacks or deep for Jew and Threadfin.

Prefer Threadybusters over Masks or Transams in the river myself, cheaper, stronger, locally made. Catch rate is the same though. Had numerous Masks and Transams come apart even the so called saltwater version. Though I fish with fairly heavy gear and drag settings.

• 1 month later...

so i bought a heap of TN60s and havent caught 1 bass on them, all my bass are being caught on TN50s :( wonder why they wont touch the TN60 ???? i have also tried a few different retrieval methods and only caught bass on the slow roll, a few rod tip flicks or pauses hasnt worked for me, any tips guys?

And you got 40 odd in the one day? geeze i want your fishing spot lol , i think i have the same colour in the TN50 but its a rattler, was that a 50 or a 60 you ere using? are you just using a slow roll retrieve ? i will have to look at buying some silent models when i get back from Thailand , will look at buying a yak also i think :)

Archived