junction 03/07/07

jeff f

went out to the junction for a bit of a look this arvo,took my fovourite little 2kg flick stick and a raw chicken leg to try for a bream with.

nailed a 35cm bream on the first cast then didn't get another bite for the whole 2 hrs i was there.

photo tomorrow not enough credit on phone to send it to the computer atm

Troy_79 wrote:

nice catch jeff, she would have put up a decent fight! where is the junction?<br><br>Post edited by: Troy_79, at: 2007/07/03 19:43

troy it's map 215 ref k1.

it's the junction of the breamer and the brisbane rivers, just upstream from the moggil ferry

Yep, legally it couldn't be to the fork as not all fish have a fork.

But in comps it is probably a more accurate way of measuring as it takes variances due to angles out of it (especially where a ruler or tape is used).

That seems the likely logic to me anyway.

I'm a legal measurer though. Fishing is a pastime to me, not a competition;)

Good fish Jeff. Pity he was alone:(

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/07/04 09:06

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/07/04 09:11

Dan23 wrote:

jeff f wrote:
photo tomorrow not enough credit on phone to send it to the computer atm

Damn, you gotta get a data cable mate.

dan,a data cable for my phone is $70, i'd rather put the money towards a digital camera that comes with one

Feral, I didn't have my sharking gear with me, otherwise we would have been out in no time. We only had some typical fishing pliers.

Managed to get all but 1 bolt off with pliers (instead of a permanent crimp they used u bolts). Unfortunately the last one (no matter which direction we tried to get out) was either flattened to prevent unscrewing or rusted. In the end mates GF came down with a real spanner to ge tthe job done.

Of course, we put the wire rope fence back together :) I always wondered if those same security guys went back to unlock the park, and realise we had vanished.

Garden City shopping centre did it to us a few times when we were doing road works at the traffic lights in front quite a few years ago. First night we drove over concrete border, and asked them not to lock us in again. (We had issued a \"right of entry\" notice on them, meaning we had legal 24 hour access) They did it again.

So we drove out through the middle of the fancy garden this time, next day asked them not to do it again, they did, so we drove out through a different bit of the fancy garden.

Next day we rang centre management and told them we would drive out over a different bit of the garden every night they locked is in, it did not happen again.

Archived