Wavebreak Island Marlin to Mackerel Social

tugger

Some guys were keen earlier this year to chase marlin when the season starts and the AFO Wanderers group wanted to do another camp so we have combined the 2 ealry next year on the friday 20th to sunday the 22nd of january.

Everyone is welcome if you have a boat or yak and there should be a few deckie spots to if you can organise them. We will be camping on the northern beach of Wavebreak Island on the broadwater in which is in front of southport seaway.

Most will fish offshore for our target species of billfish, mackerel, dollies, cobia etc but this is not the only good fishing around here as there are plenty of oppotunities inside on the broadwater and seaway.

We'll no doubt have camp fires at night so bring you fold up chair and most bring small tents as there is heaps of room where we camp. If you haven't been to a AFO event before these socials are great to start you off with plenty of fun, fishing stories and you get to make some great mates

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Kelvin thats great news i'm sure he will grow up with a fishing rod in hand as soon as he can lift 1 now get changing those nappies :woohoo:

Really, really, really hoping to make this Tugger. Had our baby boy, Liam, on Tuesday night so doing the hard yards with the nighths at the moment. Figure if I change as many nappies as I can between now and January I 'might' be given a leave pass!!!!

In regards to Jan 20th-22nd,

Sorry I won't be coming...........................as I will be at Wave Break Island fishing with the buddies...

Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday.....(Preparation is 90% of any job)

Now....copy....and....paste :P:P:P ....There perfect....

Note to self: This time remember... 'Pack for the weekend not the month'

think i'll be good to make this one, just waiting on tina.

crazyman getting a new boat??? details!

Yeah Mate - I put a deposit down on the Boat on the weekend. It should be built by Christmas. Now all i need is the Motor from the US. will put a post up when I get it. Can not wait :woohoo: :P

go merc or don't go home!

IMAG0412.jpg

think i'll be good to make this one, just waiting on tina.

crazyman getting a new boat??? details!

Yeah Mate - I put a deposit down on the Boat on the weekend. It should be built by Christmas. Now all i need is the Motor from the US. will put a post up when I get it. Can not wait :woohoo: :P

go merc or don't go home!

haha I was getting a suzuki :P

The crew so far after looking through the marlin social event page and the AFO Wanderers group page

Hokianga

Mad Mullet

Fishing Mania

Gary C

Sharklady

Zano 15

RyanG45

Kamarshark

Asshley

Basstracker

Darcy

Bri the Pom

Dassa

Daveylad

Davo Dinkum

Moparkevuk

Young fella

Aussie 123

Neal 82

Crazywalrus

Tugger

Cobiakid

Serguht

Bipolar

Shane69

Manni79

Eug

stradiebrad

Greenmachine

Yet to confirm

Kmcrosby78

Tyrion

Malcom

There will be many family and freinds coming of the AFO members here so this should be a beauty this list will update each week as there will be more to confirm as i have spoken to many more who are keen for this. Let us know if your coming here so we get an idea of numbers so we can bring the wright size tarps etc

The crew so far after looking through the marlin social event page and the AFO Wanderers group page

Hokianga

Mad Mullet.... i am bringing a boat and will have a decky spot

Fishing Mania

Gary C

Sharklady

Zano 15

RyanG45

Kamarshark

Asshley

Basstracker

Darcy

Bri the Pom

Dassa

Daveylad

Davo Dinkum

Moparkevuk

Young fella

Aussie 123

Neal 82

Crazywalrus

Tugger

Serguht

Bipolar

Shane69

Manni79

Yet to confirm

Eug

Kmcrosby78

Tyrion

There will be many family and freinds coming of the AFO members here so this should be a beauty this list will update each week as there will be more to confirm as i have spoken to many more who are keen for this. Let us know if your coming here so we get an idea of numbers so we can bring the wright size tarps etc

hay tugga, do we no the ratio of boats to people

Would be keen as if there are still spots left, have not really had much of a crack at trolling and would love to have a go, especially when there will be so much experience down there. I will take my boat, I am sure Plasticfantastic and Flash1980 will tag along. Might even chuck in a sneaky popper or stick bait every now and then :) Couple of good popping spots not far from there, but while every one is down there would love to target the speedsters.

Andrew

Would be keen as if there are still spots left, have not really had much of a crack at trolling and would love to have a go, especially when there will be so much experience down there. I will take my boat, I am sure Plasticfantastic and Flash1980 will tag along. Might even chuck in a sneaky popper or stick bait every now and then :) Couple of good popping spots not far from there, but while every one is down there would love to target the speedsters.

Andrew

Looks like the skipper's put a call out for his deckies so count me in, I'll prep the Heartland ready for trolling I'm sure it can hook another Marlin just need it to be a little smaller this time ;)

Cheers

Mark

Andrew

Looks like the skipper's put a call out for his deckies so count me in, I'll prep the Heartland ready for trolling I'm sure it can hook another Marlin just need it to be a little smaller this time ;)

Cheers

Mark

One spot filled, if Gordo is not keen might have a spare deckie spot, might take a fourth along any way just for numbers, some one that might be interested in a little pop pop :)

Andrew

Plenty of room on the island Andrew we'll be going down early friday and staking out a big camping area and there's plenty of beach for all the boats

Andrew

Andrew

Hi Andrew

If you do end up hitting up the popping I would be keen to tag along in my boat if that is ok. Got all the gear so I am ready to hook up to a 1+ GT :P

Archived