Wavebreak Island Marlin to Mackerel Social

tugger

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok I'll most likely get there around 11ish just get to get beer but i could be earlier - so the camp is on the northern end,correct

My boat is a fisher maroon "queenslander" - i have only met 1 member from this sight.so I'll just ask 1st person i find on beach or ramp

Michael

ok I'll most likely get there around 11ish just get to get beer but i could be earlier - so the camp is on the northern end,correct

My boat is a fisher maroon "queenslander" - i have only met 1 member from this sight.so I'll just ask 1st person i find on beach or ramp

Michael

The Ramp most of the boys will use is just behind seaworld as you head towards the seaway,then when you gte to the northern end of wavebreak head to the northwest corner and you should see tugger crazywalrus setting up along with a few others.tuggers boat has a red canopy and crazymans has a big tee top on an XL SIZE TINNIE

Gidday all,

I flew back into Oz yesterday, had a few things in NZ that needed sorting, finished a lot quicker than expected...Was close to the point of not coming back at all... I'm wrapped to see that the trip hasn't been postponed or cancelled...

If poss is there any chance of getting a lift over to the camp, not too sure of the time as I am at work, now, and don't have anything packed and ready except my excitement...Unlike the last trip, I will definitely pack light....I'll remember its a weekend, not permanent :P:P

Thanks Vic

I borrowed a mates tinny for the weekend and put in at Paradise Point boat ramp about 8am.

(left camping gear behind due to weather and thought just day trip sat and sun)

Was going to fish the first couple of hours of the run out at crab then hit wavebreak but when I got around the eastern side of soveriegn The wind and chop made me do a u turn and head back up the coomera for a bit more comfort and protection.

Water colour extremely dirty from the rain. Trolled rock walls and jetties around Sanct cove and Hope island resort but was extremely quite. Got to a little jack spot and dropped anchor for a bit of a bait fish while I had a feed. Got bricked a couple of times but only landed bream. Kept my eye out for fellow wavebreak afoers but didnt see anyone I recognised. Going to see how weather is tommorow, if ok will hit wavebreak but if same as today I might hit the nerang.

Wondering how the rest of you guys are going?

Hi guys, i made it over Saturday night for a couple of hours to have a chat around the fire, the boys were in good spirits despite the bad conditions and tough fishing conditions.

I would like to thank everybody involved for the invite over, especially the guys that picked me up and dropped me back at the jetty.

I wont name names because i will miss someone out and i wouldn't like to do that, thanks again look forward to seeing everyone again, cheers wayne

Archived