Charter

AngryBundyBear

Hey all, just wanting to know if anyone can recomend any good fishing charters from the gold coast? has anyone been with paradise fishing charters? any advice /help would be appreciated as wife is going to send me on one for our wedding aniversery and it will be a first for me for blue water/ reef as always just fished estuary/landbased...

Cheers

There are a couple of members here who run charters and receive some good marks.

I have only been on 1 charter off of Gold Coast and went with Fish The Deep. Found them to be very reasonably priced and they definitely put us onto some fish. It was all bottom bashing and the boat was 5 or 6 people to a side, so a lot of tangles.

Others on here can probably put you onto some good ones as well.

Piece of advice though, whichever charter you end up on, claim the back corner and don't leave it!

Best of luck,

Gary

Mate, Are you looking to take a few with you or just want to join in with one ?

Recommend a smaller boat with fewer people. There's quite a few options and no doubt people will make their favourites known.

I'll start by recommending Buckatlist Charters - Warwick. He's a member here and is(was?) a sponsor. There have been a few reports from members who've enjoyed a day out with him (me included).

Hey mate, Been on two of them down there and recommend BK's charters. Usually do ok with him but claim the back starboard corner as soon as you jump on the boat. Do not move from there. They set the livies from that corner and that side usually gets the overheads with heavier lead. Only $90 for a half day trip. Do not book by email as I have had massive issues with them never replying. Book via text and you'll get an answer pretty quick

I haven't been on bucketlist but one day I will. Warrick always seems to clean up with a good feed.

I have tried 2 different charters wahoo charters and bk's, and i can tell you wahoo is a load of crap, may have been the skipper we had that time, but he was too scared to cross the bar, turned the boat around in the bar so the waves were hitting the side of the boat, and just kept driving around, did not put as on a good spot, I have been on bk's about 4 times now and i can tell you, they are one of the cheapest and best i have delt with, this guy crosses the bar like its not even there, great boat, and puts you onto the fish, if the fish are not biting he will move to the next location, every time i have fished with them , i have always come back with a feed.

My next one to try will be bucket list, and thats because of the recomendations from this site.

I have done many charters off the goldie and the outstanding mob i prefer to use is SEA PROBE CHARTERS ,the captain Gav is a great bloke and knows whats biting and when its a great day out . My second choice would be between Fish The Deep and B.K s both experienced operators but sea probe stand out as having been the most memorable fishing trips . Some of the others that arent as good are certainly mentioned here ...matt B)B)B)

I went out with "fish The Deep" and was very happy with them. Caught heaps, boat had good rods etc, had a good feed and the skipper was a good fellah. :woohoo: :woohoo: (his wife has the best set of fake cans you will ever see!! I wouldn't mind one full of Whiskey and the other full of Scotch, would be drunk for weeks) :woohoo: :woohoo:

NEVER EVER GO WITH ""OUT THERE CHARTERS"" They are second rate and his wife has no cans, Boooo :(

I went out with "fish The Deep" and was very happy with them. Caught heaps, boat had good rods etc, had a good feed and the skipper was a good fellah. :woohoo: :woohoo: (his wife has the best set of fake cans you will ever see!! I wouldn't mind one full of Whiskey and the other full of Scotch, would be drunk for weeks) :woohoo: :woohoo:

NEVER EVER GO WITH ""OUT THERE CHARTERS"" They are second rate and his wife has no cans, Boooo :(

:woohoo:

Mate, I have only been out with BK's. Been out with them for 5 or 6 times now. They are the cheapest in gold coast, that was the first reason i choose them. I am still a student, dont have a good balance in my bank account :)

I am sure u know about fishing, some days u r pretty lucky, some days u r just not. It applies to fishing with charters too. If i was out with them for 6 times ( cant remember, but since this May) there was only one time was not good, I did catch some fish, but no keepers. But it was the only time, and at time was the arvo session, the morning sess that day was brilliant. I saw every person with a bagful of fish, but the arvo turned out to be not good.

But everytime there was at least one person on the boat was lucky enough to catch a tuna or mackerel, and I personally got a 14 kg cobia in July.

I have suggestions,

1. Always go for the morning one, generally it is better than the arvo one, on average.

2. As some guys suggested above, always go for the corner of the boat, and stay there till u get off the boat. When Chris ( Skipper Bob's son) put out a live bait, always keep an eye on the rod, make sure u grab the rod first when there is a fish on, they share the live bait, so if u missed the fish on the live bait, next time they will ask others to grab the rod, so make sure play with the fish carefully.

3. It does not usually happen, but make sure Bob and Chris are on the boat. They are experienced.

Good luck mate.

Been on BK, I thought the setup was okay but quite crowded. They hit the inshore reefs twice a day everyday (and have been doing so for years) and unless the pelagics come in it's just a tourist trap.

Like Beckenry said you've got to get the corner, however everyone has exactly the same idea. Can you imagine everyone trying to muscle you out for the corner - that's not my idea of fun.

Dunno if any of you guys have been out with Moreton Bay Charters but he has got to be the rudest operator i have ever come across.

Ted and i were drifting the other day on a real hot bite when this Joker watched us for a while and saw we were getting fish so he motored straight up over our drift lines and anchored in our drift line. I was going to say something to him but i refrained as i wouldn't have kept my cool. But Buckatlist is definately the go.

let me know how you go mate, would love to get an idea on those few charters as i want to head out sometime soon..would give me a rough idea on how good they are..thanks

One of the best I have ever been out on is Ross McCubbin's Lucky Strike. This is not your average 12 people on a small cat type charter, more a game baot but he will do bottom bashing if that is what is working and what is happening at the time. Might cost you a bit more, but he is a very good skipper and a great fisherman. Haven't been on his charter for many years so things might have changed, but I know he is still around because you hear his name come up in Gold Coast fishing comps.

Went out on one of the cheap half day charters last year. Can't remember which one. A mate had some of those scoupon vouchers. Got exactly what we paid for - crap. Went as far as the bait grounds outside the seaway, but not for the purpose of gathering livies, then all the way down to Surfers (so close in, I reckon we were in danger of being moved on by the life savers). I got one legal fish (just legal trag jew) and one other customer got similar. A few people were seasick so he called it early and we were back in at the ramp about 11am.

Archived