Best Bass Sesh To Date.

Maddez

Tonight a mate and I went down to a spot located along the lower stretches of the Brisbane River in search of some nice, fat, bass. We started out at around 5.30 on a wider part of the river. I put a forest green blade on and somehow managed to cast to the other side. On the first tug, something wacked it pretty hard and put up a good fight. Unfortunately however it was a small catfish. :angry: We continued to fish there before deciding to move to a narrower section with a few rocky snags. We began with some surface lures and it wasn't long before the hits came thick and fast. Brayden managed to reel in two decent bass in 10 minutes, a 35cm and a 29cm. Both were released of course. Unfortunately, I don't currently have any of the photos however when I do, I'll be sure to post them up.

We didn't want to forfeit our better lures to any rocks so we both threw some cheap $4 minnows on. Somehow their terrible swimming action managed to lure three very nice bass onto the end of Brayden's line, one in particular putting up a huge fight in and out of snags. They measured at 45cm, 44cm and 38cm. Once again, no photos yet.

I was yet to land one, whilst Brayden was falling over in happyness. We are both new to the sport and haven't caught many Bass at all, so it was a real buzz.

I changed my lure to the small minnow and sure enough I was on. It wasn't a big fish, but it was the first of the best run i've had to date. I released it and five minutes later I was on again, roughly in the same spot. This bass measured 38cm and certainly put up a good fight. And it was still only the beginning. Ten very short minutes later I was smashed and sent on a dream run under an overhang. My drag was reasonably tight, so I knew it was a decent fish. Music to my ears :P The fight was sensational and it took a good minute to reel the fish in. I'd never seen a bass that big (once again, I'm knew to fishing). It was a fat and healthy 52cm bass, certainly my biggest so far. After a few photos and a kiss, I released it, hoping to see it again soon.

It wasn't over yet though, I landed another two bass (46cm and 41cm), the smaller of the two putting up an incredible tussle. Brayden finished with a nice 32cm and it was time to call it a night. Can't wait to get out there again soon.

Cheers. Dylannn. :)

good on ya dylan :cheer: we gotta arrange a trip somwhere aye.... not sure when i can make it down but when I do get a chance i'll let you know. keep cracking them mate B)

yerr jack, we've gotta sort something out. It will be hard before xmas though and im going away the week after that. the best time would be in the new year (:

Archived