Colleges Crossing this weekend

Death Ray

Hi All,

Can I please get some help with Colleges Crossing and other areas around the MT Crosby Weir area?

I am taking the family for a BBQ to the parklands at the crossing, and then will spend some time fishing around the area.

I have read other post about weed and water levels around the parklands, and also of Bass above the weir. Can I get some pointers on whats happening in the area at the moment. I am not from the area and honestly would not have a clue as to baits, locations and such in the area. I will probably try and target Bass/bream using either worms or soft plastics.

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

Hey mate, worms and soft plastics in the deepers patches of water should score you some bream adn possibly bass. There are also Tilapia which take both as well.

The weir is not really something you walk to and its restricted for fishing anyway so id probably concentrate on Colleges itself.

If the water is unfishably low (should be ok downstream of the car bridge), check your referdex for Kookooburra as it will have water and bream.

If you take your lightest gear, a float and some white bream, its very easy to catch Gar Fish as well. Just squish the bread into dough and cover the hook (very small hook and very small bait). When you see the line pick up, set the hook and walla.

Hope this has been some help.

Angus

Archived