Noosa ongoing report pancakes, carter, basstracker

pancakes_and_haggis

Quick ongoing report from noosa,

1pm hit up with brad after settling into the noosa fishing shack,

Started trawling the mouth of Kim kin for a nice jack 40 seconds after deploying the lures!!

Worked our way up kin Kim for a nice tarpon that hit a burkely frenzy ( the big one not the smaller one)

Not much else from the Arvo session

Just waiting now for brad and were offer a live baiting session round the marina

Keep imported and pics to come tomorrow !!!

Callum

Quick ongoing report from noosa,

1pm hit up with brad after settling into the noosa fishing shack,

Started trawling the mouth of Kim kin for a nice jack 40 seconds after deploying the lures!!

Worked our way up kin Kim for a nice tarpon that hit a burkely frenzy ( the big one not the smaller one)

Not much else from the Arvo session

Just waiting now for brad and were offer a live baiting session round the marina

Keep imported and pics to come tomorrow !!!

Callum

What set up/lure got the jack?

Angus

Angus, I wasnt with them but I think Brad caught it on his rod. There's a lot of fresh pouring out of Kin Kin creek at the moment. :S The netters are flogging the top end of the lake catching everything flushing out of the Everglades :angry: :sick: :S :pinch: :sick: .

They head out again after dinner and stayed out till midnight last night fishing the lower half of the river, interesting to see how they went, WAKE UP Haggis! :silly:

Looking forward to an early start with them tomorrow and Thursday night for a session under the lights.

DAM WORK and the silly season :angry: wish I could fish every day!

Pretty unsuccessful last night boys I dd get one rag bream but we didn't get any good hits on the livies really a few tentative looks but nothing more, couldn't find any mullet so had to live with herring which I think could have been a contributing factor

On a more positive note brad di make friends with a nice old blonde woman through the window of an overlooking restaurant, boy does ur look good throwing a cast net! :cheer: must be something to do with the hat he was wearing !!!! :woohoo:

I'll let him clarify that one

Callum

The netters are flogging the top end of the lake catching everything flushing out of the Everglades :angry: :sick: :S :pinch: :sick: .

Nothing new mate been doing it for generations. Of course any Barra have to be returned immediately they remove them from the net :whistle: as well as any Bass, fortunately the Bass will be going upstream. Anything else is fair game as per the regulations.

Elops: same poopy different year.

I went out with Callum for a few hours this afternoon down at the river mouth for a DONUT! :blush: First time in over 2 years. Even the Noosa river has its bad days. A combination of too much fresh and too much boat traffic. Plenty of fish marking but no action. Taking the day off tomorrow to take Callum to Tin Can Bay, hopefully its fishing a bit better.

Elops: same poopy different year.

I went out with Callum for a few hours this afternoon down at the river mouth for a DONUT! :blush: First time in over 2 years. Even the Noosa river has its bad days. A combination of too much fresh and too much boat traffic. Plenty of fish marking but no action. Taking the day off tomorrow to take Callum to Tin Can Bay, hopefully its fishing a bit better.

Does that mean I actualy outfished the famous Greg Carter with my one Jack ahaha!! Pancakes lost his hat while cruising across lake como, now he's not a bad looking bloke with a hat on and it was a nice hat but after loosing it he just looked plain rough, like a lady of the night without her makeup ;);):P:P I duely gave him crap about this for the rest of the trip.. While we were collecting live bait from around portside we had this Blonde woman and her friend going nuts waving at me, her friend was also showing some interest, this went on for half an hour with her inviting me into the resterant, a guy came out and said mate those girls are keen.. Pancakes being a much better looking bloke than myself had made the mistake of wearing Carters wifes hat out on the trip while I had my free bcf cap on, the bcf hats will always do the damage on blondes but I havnt cracked the color choice of brunettes yet, obviously this added more fuel to the hat fire haha.. Great to meet you mate and glad you enjoyed yourself, I had to leave early as an impromtue choice was made to buy a boat on the spot as the price was right.. That means I have three parked in my yard at the moment so if anyone is interested in my 5 meter Seafarer V-sea let me know!! I'll post a for sale soon..

Brad

Well keeping it short as I'm tired, tin can didn't really fire for us today

Chucked everything at them but the jacks eluded us, no Tina no macs no threadies

Tiney flatters a sole on a hb and 2 trevers

Then a busted ball bearing on the trailer added to the annoyance, ah well was nice to get out and have a morning on the water chatting and learning!

In all serious guys never come here!!!! :evil:

After all no body want to talk to you no body want to talk to you and ull be

Lonley!!!!!

( haha yes I had a slow two three days but do I care???? Nah not one bit! Greg postponed half a days work as he heard I had a slow night session, then gave up the next day to take me up to tin can,,,,,, blew a wheel baring,,,, another slow session.

Did I hear one word of frustration or annoyance ,,,? Nah not once

This place guys is a must see, ull get every effort Greg has to put you onto fish, we all know every system has its slow days that's life. You'll sit and chat fishing till your heart content, the surrounding area is so tranquil, sitting out for an evening drink is just bliss.

Let's put it way, anyone who has been will rebook, I'll be here ALOT next year.

Greg and his partner are just old school hosts, nothing is too much and your enjoyment is obviously paramount.

Callum

P.s don't book for 2012, I want this place for myself :woohoo:

Archived