goldy sesh

ChrisC

went for a fish with a mate of mine monday nite chasing the trevs an jacks around on the gold coast,

with the coolish weather we have been havin of late wasnt expectin too much to happen

we got too our spot a little after 6pm an i started with a tiny plastic

flickin into ripples bein created to what i think were tarpon,tarpon bein the way they are were being finicky an only resustled in a couple of half hearted

hits.

As it got darker i change to a hardbody while my mate had topwater on

with heaps of flicks inbetween I finally came up tight on a fish which i soon worked

out was only a fathead lucky for me it dehooked himself .About 10 mins later i'm havin a yarn to a mate twitching away an bang im on again, this hit hard like

a big jack an all i'm thinkin geeze you've have my favourite lure in its mouth an 12lb leader attatched i want it back

i could feel my line rubbin against something so i put a bit of pressure on it an somehow turned his head an got him out still thought i had no chance with possible rasped up

leader, up pops my suprise a large silver flank not red. a wild barra (whaaaaat)they are a beautiful lookin fish an she looked incredibly healthy along was my smile,

after a couple of pics it was time to release her

not sure what was better catchin it or seein it swim off (na probably catchin it)

we stayed for another hour or so an in that time i managed to land a small jack but that was nothin compared to what happened an hr before what a nite!!

got home to do a report an find out the internet is not workin an wont be able to get online be till wensday as we are changing servers (spewin)

tues nite- I was invited for a quick half hr sesh with a mate in his boat last nite, before you know it time was almost up an it had startin to rain by now we were

about to call it quits when i come up tite again, wasnt sure what i had at first with quite strong runs an weight behind it played him out an in goes a nice jack

into the net.

pretty stoked jack went 50cm an best one this season for me. Released him an we motored home

Been a good couple of nites for me latly with the one lure catchin all fish shown an still have it luckily

cheers fellas

post-9874-14459872777_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727785_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727795_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727804_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727811_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727817_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727826_thumb.jpg

post-9874-144598727834_thumb.jpg

Well done Chris, i would say i am not jealous at all, but that would be the biggest lie ever told.

That's the 4th one i have seen a photo of this Summer, not to mention all those hooked up and lost on light gear fishing for Trevs.

Everyone probably realizes that it is closed season for Barra, and these fish are a bycatch of Jack and Trevally fishing.

Good to see you released it quickly after a couple of photos, i personally think fisheries would be realistic enough to know that targeting Barra on the Goldy is a pretty long shot and not worry that much about it as long as the fish is looked after and released quickly.

I think after last nights little session though you need a species identification lesson, you called that jack for a foul hooked Mullet, a small Barra and then a Jack.

It was a good fish though and just goes to show how important being observant for movement in the water is when tossing lures.

Hope some of your luck rubs off tonight if we get out on the Broadwater this time, cheers wayne

looks like they are still firing after those ones we droped last time. mate i have been meaning to get back down their to have a flick with ou again but havent had the time.

i hope to be down friday arv to do some work on coens trailer, so you keen for a sesh then.

yeah mate jacks are still there

looks like they are still firing after those ones we droped last time. mate i have been meaning to get back down their to have a flick with ou again but havent had the time.

i hope to be down friday arv to do some work on coens trailer, so you keen for a sesh then.

yeah mate jacks are still there

hell yeh, after loosing those popers last time, bang zzzzzzzz and into the snags, i have baught a better combo and have upgraded to 20lb. dood so so keen

Archived