Moreton 14/12/11

regulated

Hey all,

Was a very nice morning out on the bay. Pretty flat and saw dolphins 1k from scarborough and on the way home probably a 7ft hammerhed cruising around. Went straight over to moreton, did a quick bit of trolling, caught a grinner then found a bait school and set him up as a livie. Picked up a few whiptails for livies as well. Prtty quickly I had a school mack on the grinner. Got him in the boat this time :cheer: :cheer: I did break the 24kg carbon rod but. I am too rough with rods, think I'll stay with fibreglass.

Started setting out the whiptails and got a screamer. Unfortunaltly he dropped the hooks but it was still fun. Got a few double hookups on squire on the bottom but all undersize. An idiot in a blue polycraft hooned over to me and started drifting stight over my livies. By the third time I was pissed and told them to get off them. He did a drift on my other side then went back over and sat on top of the livies again. Some people just don't have a clue. I bet the only reason he was doing it was because I was bearlying. I stopped doing it, had a feed and watched the looser catch stuff all after that. While I was berleying he was getting a bit.

After that I decided to give curtain another chance. Went over and caught a either some sort of black tuskfish or black drummer. Don't think it is a drummer as it had those lumps on the tail like macks/trevally.

Wasn't too much happening, just small stuff so after a feed I went looking for bait again. Fisheries got me on the way and had a bit of a chat to them They said remember you still have to cut the fin on spanish, didn't realise that.

Didn't find any bait but the drift was starting to roar and it was getting ugly. Had a great 10-15 knot run home in the washing machine that is moreton bay. Some gig waves popping up everywhere.

Thanks for reading.

BJ

Archived