worst nightmare came true sat night!!

Troy_79

well i went to a japenese restraunt sat night and 3 hrs later found myself in hospital covered in hives, had swelling around my face and struggled a tiny bit to breathe. ended up getting an injection and was ok the next day. I find out for sure tomorrow but shellfish allergy is likely, which sucks big time as i freakin eat prawns and crab all the bloody time. My favoutite thing to do is to go crabbing in the holidays. But there is a chance i could be only allergic to softshell crab, the doctor was saying they have high levels of mercury and iodine. So im praying thats the case:)

And its very common for an adult to develop a shellfish allergy overnight just like i have :ohmy:

Hey Troy its a one off session i believe because i've eaten seafood all my life until i came across a bad batch being where its caught, and all hell broke loose.

I also generally have a blood test every year to see what vitamins and proteins etc i lack to keep my health in tip top condition, and then occasional squeeze is a test which it use your blood to test for all allergies, similar to a scratch test and it states i have no allergic reactions to anything at all.

So every now an then when i decide to eat seafood, things would be perfectly fine but i always carry around anti-histamines for precautions cause every now and then i do get an allergic reaction. but the odds of it happen would be 1 out of 10 but that just me.

So dont hesitate to eat seafood because an one off session.

Hope it turns out ok for u mate. A couple of years ago I found out that I was allergic to all types of shellfish which i was devostated about because I absolutely love prawns, crab, oysters etc. I cant even touch the meat without my hands blowing up :pinch: Thankfully fish and calamari are still on the menu :cheer:

Hey Troy its a one off session i believe because i've eaten seafood all my life until i came across a bad batch being where its caught, and all hell broke loose.

I also generally have a blood test every year to see what vitamins and proteins etc i lack to keep my health in tip top condition, and then occasional squeeze is a test which it use your blood to test for all allergies, similar to a scratch test and it states i have no allergic reactions to anything at all.

So every now an then when i decide to eat seafood, things would be perfectly fine but i always carry around anti-histamines for precautions cause every now and then i do get an allergic reaction. but the odds of it happen would be 1 out of 10 but that just me.

So dont hesitate to eat seafood because an one off session.

i hope ur right mate:) i have been feeding my fish dried shrimp every night since then and im still alive:) so hopfully it was a bad batch

so if you went to a seafood restaurant it would make sense you are may have been allergic to seafood, but as it was a Japanese restaurant perhaps you are allergic to Japanese :lol:

haha i hope so, the previous week i had a feed of muddies i caught and was fine so im abit hopefull

Hope it turns out ok for u mate. A couple of years ago I found out that I was allergic to all types of shellfish which i was devostated about because I absolutely love prawns, crab, oysters etc. I cant even touch the meat without my hands blowing up :pinch: Thankfully fish and calamari are still on the menu :cheer:

that sucks mate, ive been feeding my fish dried shrimp since it happened and handled crab cakes at work today and nothing happened which is a positive sign:)

well reading the posts has made me abit more hopful, i'll know for sure tomorrow anyway, cheers:)

Does that mean that you have had blood tests for allergies?

If not it would be prudent to do so.

Cheers

Ray

yeh mate was suppose to get them done today but having it tomorrow, staying clear of crab etc until i know for sure

Archived