Multi coloured line

What do you guys think on multi coloured line?

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LR-BRAID-FISHING-LINE-30LB-300M-5-COLOUR-10M-INTERVALS_W0QQitemZ280131458267QQihZ018QQcategoryZ31706QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It seems to make sense to me, you know how much line to put on your reel, or how much to let out to reach the correct depth- are there any downsides?

Your thoughts are appreciated- is $35-$40 a good price? i was thinking 30lb for sharks in the warmer months

Yeh i'm a big fan!

It's great for when your dropping your bait down on the reef.

And when your fighting a big fish and its tearing the line off you, you can tell excatly how much it has stripped and how much work you still have to do.

Well anyway i certainly liked using when i did.

Cheers, Joel ;)

my only concern is that a lot of companies claim that there line colour is \"invisible\" and is proven to catch more fish- I am currently using red line on one of my rods!

Will multi coloured line give more chance to spook a fish or do you think line colour is not important?

I have used a few different line colours, and haven't noticed any real difference in catch rates based on colour. Line type and breaking strength seem to be far more important when deciding what to buy, my experience anyway.

I have never fished for sharks, but from reading posts on the site, it sounds like you would have a wire trace and long leader which mean the line would be too far away from the bait to cause any problems.

Liquor Box wrote:

my only concern is that a lot of companies claim that there line colour is \"invisible\" and is proven to catch more fish- I am currently using red line on one of my rods!

Will multi coloured line give more chance to spook a fish or do you think line colour is not important?

Coloured line is fine. In fact i find it preferable especially lure fishing as you see the lin in the water. However use a flurocarbon invisible leader. It will improve your catch rates.

Angus

Daiwa has some top shelf stuff for jigging that changes colour in 10m intervals called PE braid but is well over $100 although the guys who use it say it is great.

why it is so useful is that while jigging if u catch a fish at say the 80m mark it is easy to keep on returning your lure back into the strike zone because you just wait for the same colour to appear on your spool.

Archived