Land Based Crabbing Sesh Today

Gary_C

There are no pics because there are no crabs!

I've been driving past an area every day at work that I thought just HAD to be holding some muddies; the only problem is that I am usually on the motorcycle and no way to carry a crab pot with me. So today I decided to go with 4 wheels because I thought it looked like rain this morning when I got back from my fruitless before work fishing sesh.

I tossed a crab pot in the back and some chicken frames into the esky. Over my lunch break I decided to throw in the pot as it was very close to low tide. So, clad in my casual business clothes (and the absolute wrong shoes) I got the pot set out and headed back to the office to clean the mud off and get back to work.

A few hours later I figured I'd better pull the pot and head home for the day. When I start walking through the brush, I run into a couple of guys in the same area. We look each other over for a bit, obviously wondering if the other was doing something dodgy with our pots. It threw me a bit because I've been checking out this place for awhile and had NEVER seen anybody checking pots or fishing it.

Turned out that they had found it about a year ago and pulled some decent muddies, so were giving it a go again to stock up for Christmas. We got to talking and they gave me some tips on the area and crabbing in general (some of which actually follow the rules :lol: ).

Anyhow, I'll be visiting the area again and will hopefully have something to actually report next time!

I've been driving past an area every day at work that I thought just HAD to be holding some muddies; the only problem is that I am usually on the motorcycle and no way to carry a crab pot with me.

You should go to Malaysia, I have seen them drive a bike with things you would not ever imagin of doing here. But yer , best not to drive with puts on your bike.

Mate its good to have those spots and by the sounds of it, if these fellas are locals and know it, good chance you'll catch muddies, I have two spots like that, one is really obvious but no one ever puts pots there because it is near a boat ramp and everyone must think, "Surely it couldnt be that easy" or they are to busy trying to get out of the 6 knot zone, and another one that is on private property, they both fire and Im yet to crab either of these spots without coming home with a feed.

Brad

Archived