Somerset Bass

ablong

So im going to somerset for a week after christmas and im hoping to try bass fishing for the first time, thats if i can beat the ski boats out on the water! I went to my local tackle store the other day and picked up some blades, a couple of spinner baits, some jackall tn60s and some ice jigs! I was just wondering if i should be taking some divers and poppers and which ones i should be taking? i was also wondering how the fishing is out there at the moment if anyone has been of late?

Hey ablong, been 3 weeks since we hit Somie for some bassin and clawing. Quite a few trips this spring into summer have produced good results trolling in 30 feet of water with RMG Predatecks (5 m) or Poltergeists ("crazy deeps" 8m+). The bright colours seem to provide reliable results (eg lime green/yellow). I think you should have a diver or two in your arsenal if the jigs or flicking lures don't work. On a negative, last trip the bass didn't seem to be schooling like they had done when the water was a bit cooler. Could find them on the sounder, but they weren't as hungry.

On a positive, the Redclaw where good size and plentiful if you could beat the thieves. Only lost one pot but some that week lost up to 6. Need to relax the gun laws.

Good luck on your hols.

Brian

thanks mate went and got a predateck 80 in purple and yellow and a poltergiests in the greem and yellow, also grab a couple of popper caus i would shot myself if i get there and can see them feeding on the surface and i dont have any in my box :D

BBQ redclaw sounds pretty good to me, even one pot is too mch to lose :(

thanks again mate, have a good holiday too

Archived