Two PB's in one day...

Bullet

G'day All,

We my first report so here goes.

Really wanted to get offshore yesterday but didn't want to cross any bars with the swell being so high. Decided on heading for Cape Moreton. Got to the ramp at 3am and headed for the cape through a slight chop and 10-15kt winds. We were at the cape within 40mins. Deployed the skirts in the hope of a Yellowfin or Dolly, not much happened for the first hour but not long after my deckie gets a hookup on his rod, by the time we got the other three rods in and teasers he had been spooled, not sure what it was but took off just as fast as a Blue Marlin I had lost 3 weeks prior. Again another hour passed for a few hits and bumps,, by this time the wind picked up and with the easterly swell was getting a bit to hairy so we said one more pass and we would head in to the bay. Well that last pass payed off with my rod going off at a good pace, put up a nice little fight and ended up being my PB Yellowfin Tuna.

post-9276-144598733645_thumb.jpg

We stuck to the plan even though we landed the Tuna and headed back in to the bay. Plan was to target some Spotties for an hour, then head home. Well the first sign of activity we both cast in to with no hookup, the second I let it sink all the way to the bottom then planned to rip the Gillies 25g slug back. The slug was picked up off the bottom and took off like a rocket, with only 150 meters of braid on the reel we were soon chasing the fish, everytime the fish would get close to the boat it would take off and just use the current to it's advantage. 55 minutes later we finally got my PB Golden Trevally in to the net, it measured 101cm, I must say I pretty chuffed with the catch. The only downside to the day was that the Trevally wasn't able to be revived, Pretty sad for such a special fish.

Hope you enjoy the first post.

[attachment]C:\fakepath\PC270333.JPG[/attachment]

Cheers,

Steve

Archived