post-4045-144598737151_thumb.jpg

post-4045-14459873714_thumb.jpg

post-4045-144598737131_thumb.jpg

post-4045-144598737121_thumb.jpg

post-4045-144598737111_thumb.jpg

post-4045-1445987371_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys

Quick post from the last few trips

After birth of my little man on my birth which was pretty cool got my nephews up here for the next couple weeks so plan was made to go get some snapper on lures and did we do that fish were caught on jackalls and gulps.

After this session the boys were hooked on lure fishing as they have never done so said lets go landbased breamin headed down to hope island area to flick some aqua and chubbys around some pontoons my took my little girl down as well she had a ball catch bream and whitting we ended up 12 bream and 2 whitting for a couple hours of fishing.

Now the we watching some of the dvd showing them some the fish that were in it there like uncle can you get us on to one these so called nathan got boat ready of we go got to ramp around 4.30am first fish they wanted to get was a big cod started casting aroung hank tunes and masks around rock wall at mouth ty got nice cod around 50cm and josh got another nice squire and some big flounder so job done there i also got nice jew on 2lb on my bream gear god i love jews on lite line quick photo and of he goes time for a move .

we were waiting for the tide change now its time for a jew went go sound some fish at the mouth and test some new jackalls out found a heap of bait on sounder and a few casts later and im to a solid fish this went on for a few mins zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz get 20m lose 30m call was made big jew and all i can is yes it was got some colour see this big silver shine come up from the depth and hands started to shake i said to nathan it a metery he like yeah yeah weve got only acouple of a meter plenty in 90 nathan slids the net under the fish and yep hes a meter plus and a very solid fish kept the fish in enviro net why i set camera up a couple quick photos and some high fives all round and of he goes to harrass some more bait schools the boys were like my turn he ended up going 102cm but was easy 12kg to 14kg a very fat fish.

Nathan was next up with with a nice jew around the 70cm mark quick photo and of shes swims.

joshs turn he just put his rod in rod holder why he grabed a drink and his rod bent in half and his mask got hammered after a huge run of about 30m and josh was shaking like crazy acouple mins of some huge runs slip the net under a beatiful 80cm brissy river jewfish it was his first and the bigggest fish hes ever got a few quick photos and off he goes to good to keep these fish.

we did a couple more drifts with heaps of fish coming the boat from squire to mosses perch bream flathead cod flounder and a couple more little soapys i feel a twik on my line and then zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz ive got another one boys haha this was a quick fight i smashed him in another jew around 85cm all ican say what a great way to start 2012 tally ended with 7 jews 5 over 75cm 5 squire between 40 and 55cm 4 cod 6 bream 5 flathead and 3 mosses perch we kept a couple squire and few flattys for a feed and a couple mossses and a cod all other fish were released all fish were caught on masks and jackalls transams and few bream and 1 jew were on gulps on 2lb haha love it thanks for reading cheers shane

Archived