anyone work on or know about VX commodores ????

billythakid

not so much as locking / unlocking but when i open the door with the key the interior light and indicators flash but no noise ?? . silly having an alarm that makes no noise just flashing indicators and interior lights

I may be missing something in the question or the above but... are not alarms and immoblisers activated only by forcible entry

not so much as locking / unlocking but when i open the door with the key the interior light and indicators flash but no noise ?? . silly having an alarm that makes no noise just flashing indicators and interior lights

I may be missing something in the question or the above but... are not alarms and immoblisers activated only by forcible entry

no its an easy way to trigger the alarm , lock doors with remote lock on key , wait a few seconds then unlock door with key only . as soon as you open the door it will trigger the alarm . start the car or unlock on the key remote to deactivate it again .

uglyfish , it has no noise when activated , the alarm is going as the indicators and interior lights are flashing . there is just no noise from the alarm horn

First thing to do is to check the connections to the horn. Just trigger the alarm and check the connections to the horn with a multimeter. If you don't have a multimeter, try disconnecting the horn and hooking it up directly to the battery assunibg the horn is rated at 12v.

Factory alarm will turn off when key is in ignition position. Your alarm is aftermarket and there will be a siren under the bonnet which sounds like it's either dead, or it's a battery back-up alarm in which case there's a key to turn siren on and off. Drop the panel under your steering column and that's where your alarm will be.....it's probably either viper or mongoose

Factory alarm will turn off when key is in ignition position. Your alarm is aftermarket and there will be a siren under the bonnet which sounds like it's either dead, or it's a battery back-up alarm in which case there's a key to turn siren on and off. Drop the panel under your steering column and that's where your alarm will be.....it's probably either viper or mongoose

factory immobiliser / alarm . it is defiantly not aftermarket .

Archived