Mud island Success :D PLUS VIDEO

Runty66

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This morning Jesse ( Jezz.fish) and myself headed out to mud island, manly in search of some Bait ball's to try hunt down the spotty macs and mac tuna :evil:

We lauched at pinkenba at around 0500 hours and reached mud at about 30 mins later... no birds in sight, so we made are way up to the northin side of mud to chase some squaire and Grassies in the shallows ( ohh and golbin's) :side:

I was flicking around some armor shades on 3lb braid and leader whist Jesse was flicking round a wrigger on 6lb braid and leader.

I capped off the day within the first couple of casts with a nice looking grassie B)

post-9085-144598739525_thumb.jpg :cheer:

Good signs early landing a couple more in quick fashion, all going similar size bout 26 - 30 mark.

post-9085-144598739535_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598739543_thumb.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Moved round the western side as it was starting to get choppy, still no signs on anything busting :(:angry:

Landed a couple nice squire, 30 and 34?

post-9085-14459873955_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598739556_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598739563_thumb.jpg

post-9085-14459873957_thumb.jpg

;) :dry: :lol:

Also manged to hook onto a bigger modal sweetlip with gave me some curry in the reed on 3lb and the new nitro vipour 1-3 :side:

Got him up, going a new PB

36cm

post-9085-144598739577_thumb.jpg

Got a little choppy so had a quick flick in the river before going home.. got back at 11 and had a sleep :P haha

Ohh tally for the day.

10-15 ish grassy sweetlip, 2 squire and a wang fish. :blink:

Thanks for reading :silly:

PS Vidoes to come!

cheers Runtyy B)

Looks like you had a mad sess runty

No luck of the macks???

I dont think they liked the wind.

I got 2 yesterday arvo after looking for 3 hours. The chop made it harder. Got sharked 3 times. Only found 1 school.

Oh other hand my mates went out and in morning yesterday n got 19 1 below bag limit for 4 people.

The macks are thick in bay atm. Just gotta find them.

Shane

onya boys, was good weather in the morning. we found plenty of bait balls (over at moreton) after not seeing much was happening at mud. sounds like you did better than us, spent most of the morning chasing bust ups only to have idiots drive through them. had a bit of a look on our way back in to port and didn't see much in way of surface action.

we should have done what you guys did and fished mud instead.

cheers

eug

thanks guys..

Jufish.. ohh you bet! when you pay that sorta money you are really expecting something good.. and ohh boy its good.. im in love with it <3 hahaha

Eug .. Yeah mud was good, lots of fun on light gear.. how far out did u have to go to find the bait balls?? we didnt see any sorta action at all!

daveo .. what sorta tinny do you have? ive got a 3.7m with 6hp and it takes bout 30 - 45 mins.. weather depending.

Archived