wynnum/manly/lota

Nic

just new to the area and searching for some info on what to expect in the mentioned areas, what sort of setup to use, bait, lures, plastics or anything that anyone wants to share. cheers lads

If you have a tinnie or kayak available give the canals a crack. Try 3 - 4 inch hard bodies around the rock walls / pontoons. You should get onto some estuary cod, bream and the odd jack

I have spent a fair bit of time exploring this area landbased over the years, rock walls on the perimetre of the Harbour hold fish and even the harbour itself (my best fish from the harbour is a 39cm snapper but not sure if you can take the boat in, the mouth of Lota Creek - you can pump yabbies there too - Tingalpa Creek around the Rickerts Road Bridge are a few spots to try. Head further south and try the canals around Raby Bay also ( Ihave caught tailor, moses perch, bream, whiting, flathead, flounder, mud and sand crabs there).

Cheers

Chris

thanks mate appreciate it, yeah got a 3.9 tinnie little bit unsure if i wanna take it to close to the bay haha. canals sound good to me. you fish around that way often?

no probs. i fish the canals at aquatic paradise a fair bit out of the kayak and almost always end up with

some estuary cod on divers and bream on poppers. They don't come thick and fast but still worth the effort.

Archived