What Sunglasses Do You Wear When Fishing ?

Just brought some Maui Jims [banyans] for fishing today, just wondering what do you recommend or like to use when you go fishing...

Never owned a pair of Maui Jims before, your thoughts on Maui Jims ?

Paid $240.00

Cheers

Darren

As long as they are polarized, I don't really think it matters. The proper polarized lenses will always be better than the cheap ones which just have a polarizing filter stuck onto the lens, they give me a headache after a few hours. I have a pair of Arnette's worth about $150 that do the trick

I love either my Sarengetti's or my Costa Del Mar's .... Both are really good.

I used to use Maui Jims till they changed their lenses and I ended up cracking them all the time, but they were the titanium frame models and had a really small fixing onto the lense.

Maui's are still a great pair but just don't suit me and my big boof head...... :-)

El cheapo's for me, keep losing them or breaking them and have to replace them once every month or two. I usually get the polarised bolle from work but got some Mangrove Jacks this time great to look through and quite comfy but my lenses pop out pretty easily even when I'm cleaning them. I'm not sure if it is just mine or a common problem.will be buying another pair though.

Oakley Fishing Specific polarized for saltwater work and Oakley Amber Polarized for freshwater work. Wouldnt use anything else.

I have never hears of using different sunnies for salt and fresh. Does it make much of a difference?

Freshwater specific polarized lenses work by filtering out blue light to boost contrast and depth perception. I find that it works insanely good when dealing with predominantly brown or tannin tinted waters. Literally like putting a graphics accelerator card into your eyes. Everything just jumps out at you in incredible detail. Wouldnt recommend the amber polarized for everyday wear though, takes abit of adjusting to.

The Fishing specific lenses work by cutting out glare in a predominantly blue environment. Really good for saltwater fishing as it takes away the glare but still allows you incredible underwater view. Oakley also do a shallow blue fishing specific, but havent found the need to own a pair yet.

old school pair of Bollés with leather side shields, best sunglasses for fishing. trying to find someone to redo the lens on them.

Mate it could be worth checking out thesunglassfix.com.au

They keep all sorts of lenses in stock, and will custom make them for your sunnies if they don't have a particular model.

flying fishermans for me as well as Tonics. Tonic are a new aussie company from the guy who started spotters years ago. my tonic ones are photochromatic and are pretty cool. I swop between the two brands and i am not associated with either of them

The best pair I had were mako had then for about 5/6 glass lens heavier then normal but wow the best sunnies I ever had but now I'm looking at the flying fisherman as the misses love the pair she bought at the boat show from Ian,and I'm not associated with either companies BUT I'm open to any thing :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers Jono will look into it. Have you used them before?

Yeah mate I got a new set of polarised lenses for my oakleys today. They seem pretty good so far. It was between them and visionary lenses, I went with sunglassfix in the end because they're an Aussie company.

Archived