What suncream do u recomend

maccatuna

I bought some Bababa Boat SPF50+ when I was in Fiji in November, my Mrs got burned all over on the first day from 45 minutes sitting on a boat in the sun... Good start to the honeymoon! :angry: :whistle:

I bought a big squirt bottle of, I dont know what, from Big W for about $20. has been in the boat for about a year and still half full, plus, i have never been burnt when wearing it.

I started wearing skins and a buff when yakking about a year ago and have nice strip of tan on the top of both ankles and random spots on my feet that coincidently match the holes in the crocs I wear. And palmless sun gloves.

post-1039-144598741686_thumb.jpg

Not overly stylish, but I dress nice if I'm doing something other than fishing

As the others have mentioned covering up is by far the best option. There is lots of good quality lightweight, quick dry clothing available these days.Just make sure it UV rated as some of the cheaper stuff isn't. I wear long sleeve shirts, long pants, fingerless gloves & sunscreen on face & neck. Sunscreen of choice is just UV triplegard sports which I get from the local supermarket. Works well & rubs in easy.

By far the best sun screen you'll ever get you hands on is a product called p20 it's an oil you API once every ten hours.

You'll have to search it pretty hard to get it as its made and distributed by an English based company.

I'm on holiday in nz at the moment and my parents brought a tube of it out. None of hve been burnt once.

Try searching online when I get home I'll be searching high n wide for the stuff

I am really susceptible to the sun and have already had issues with cancers at age 27! So I don't trust suncream as much as:

long sleeve rashie

long pants or compression pants

amphibious boots

a big hat

sunnies

and still plenty of suncream and zinc on the face.

I haven't tried a buff yet... might get me one of them soon...

sunscreens have to meet a strict guideline to be able to advertise at particular SPFs etc. Almost any SPF 30 suncreen in AUS should be sufficient. They really aren't that much better/worse than any others.

I use Banana sport (the orange one) as its a thicker cream, and I hate the ones that are runnier.

As mentioned though, best option is to simply cover up with clothing.

I burn quicker then the meals my wife makes, so I always apply shitloads of sunblock on as well as cover up.

I have also just brought Banana boat spf 130+ from Malaysia , have not tried it out yet but will next week. One of my friends told me that the spf rating is really about how long it can stay on for.

I started wearing skins and a buff when yakking about a year ago and have nice strip of tan on the top of both ankles and random spots on my feet that coincidently match the holes in the crocs I wear. And palmless sun gloves.

Not overly stylish, but I dress nice if I'm doing something other than fishing

where'd you get those gloves tomca?

SPF 130? o_O

I think its something like SPF 15 is suppose to block 94% of UVB rays, SPF30, 97 and SPF 45 98%. There really is no difference between 30, 45, 90, 130s or other crazy high number SPF.

It comes down to more how you apply your sunscreen. A lot of people apply too little and too infrequently. If you burn easy, rub in a good layer and keep applying it every couple of hours at least.

For me, minimum SPF 30, and must include UVA protection. I'm sure they probably all cover UVA these days, but they never used to.

The Hamilton family one was nominated by choice Mag as the best we use it and find it great only drawback is as it has the most of whatever ingredient it is that stops you burning it is like trying to rub in paint, Had some Banana boat and it is utter crap.

I bought some Bababa Boat SPF50+ when I was in Fiji in November, my Mrs got burned all over on the first day from 45 minutes sitting on a boat in the sun... Good start to the honeymoon! :angry: :whistle:

I bought a big squirt bottle of, I dont know what, from Big W for about $20. has been in the boat for about a year and still half full, plus, i have never been burnt when wearing it.

Agreed, I bought some savings brand spf30+ 1 litre squirt bottle (woolies/coles/i dunno) - works awesome - bottle lasts ages and is cheap. My bro (who usually buys brand name stuff) agrees with me. The cheap s**t works better and you get more for less :P

Cheers

Woodlaz

I have been using stuff called Pro bloc, comes in 250 bottle, 500ml and litre pump packs, i think 500ml is 10 or 12$. I get it from bretts hardware store. Use it for work and fishing for the past 4 years and its non greasy 30+ rubs in really quick and havent been burnt yet when using it. thinking about getting a zinc stick also because a mates dad is running out of bottom lip after all the cancer they have removed from it.

Archived