well i am out of the fishing game for longer now

madmullet

pick the boat up from arnolds yesturday arvo. i inspected it and boy what a nice job. brand new floor and fuel well and the hull, damm you could see ur reflection in it. did a check of the trailer and put a safety strap on and remembered that the motor support bracket was destroyed in the road rage case. so i looked at the moter and seen it was still well up, so i put good pressure on it to make sure it woulnt move, and it didnt, so i went home.

i got home and met my dad their so he could stop traffic for me so i could reverse in. well i pulled out and started to reverse back and crunch, ping jumped out and notice that the motor had come down and hit the skeg on the gettor and broke it clean of.... well beep beep beep beeop and so on. thank god for insureance, but it still puts me out.

so i am now not going to the wave break social. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

hear is the pic

post-8878-144598741726_thumb.jpg

god, if i didnt have bad luck, i would have luck at all..... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Mate you have had some shocking luck, Up side is that you must be due for some seriously good fishing luck when you finally get it out on the water! Hope you can get it sorted. What does it take to fix? Can they just weld it back on? would that be a possible quick fix while you wait for insurance to take their sweet ass time to fix it properly?

that sux mate.

Dumb question... what happenes if you take it for a spin anyway with a broken skeg??

and... on another note. Damn I love this community. multiple hands up for free spots to put you on and even offers for loans of boats. I'm always positively surprised each time.

cheers guys for all the offers, very very greatful of all the and very much appricated.

and for why it came down i dont no, it had been siting in that position for over 5 months, unless it got an air bubble or something in it, i dont no and for the repairs, it was a direct result of the same insurance claim.

I am getting a new performance prop next month too, we should have a race on the way to a shark session or something???

cool, i recon we should do like a quater mile race so to speak like the length of the poo shoot and to make it fair, have some one else their to start us

perfect conditions for me is about 15cm of chop so i can trim my motor up just enough to sit on to of the waves.

mate its scary when you start chine walking
I know, if you got 72mph, I may be in trouble, I may win off the start but you could haul me in, I was chime walking so bad at Maroon, when I came around a bluff, the wind started pushing me sideways.

You will get a much better speed in the salt Eddie.

The fresh is not as dense as salt water so your boat sits deeper and travels slower.

Its quite amazing the difference in performance between salt and fresh.

mate its scary when you start chine walking
I know, if you got 72mph, I may be in trouble, I may win off the start but you could haul me in, I was chime walking so bad at Maroon, when I came around a bluff, the wind started pushing me sideways.

You will get a much better speed in the salt Eddie.

The fresh is not as dense as salt water so your boat sits deeper and travels slower.

Its quite amazing the difference in performance between salt and fresh.

thats for sure, the boat feels much heavier when we go wake boarding up the dams, and this may seem funny, but in salt i can pop out of the water easier then the fresh

Archived