Early bay session

Shane69

Headed out yesterday morning for a quick bay sess before place became carpark.

Fished the river for bit and got 2 jewies on surfacewalkers. No size but good fun on 6lb. 65/72cm

Headed out to few spots to chase squire ended up with 6 legals in 30 minutes.

Biggest going 45 2 over 40 rest in high 30s. My mate was with his brother in his boat nxt to us ended up with 5 legals.

After that we went for drive to find mackerel. Found a few schools with no hookups. As soon as slug droped in water they disappeared.

We decided to try plastics pn 3/8 jigheads. We landed 4 biggest going 85cm.

Lost about 10 due to cut offs. N dropped a few.

After that we decided to call it a day as boats were coming from every direction.

Nice early session.

Anyone get mackerel during day or afternoon?

Shane

post-9281-144598742628_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598742639_thumb.jpg

nice lil session there mate, i spent all day around harries mud shipping channels didnt see on school of macks all day, where abouts did you end up finding them?

Thanks mate.

I got the macks around beacons middle of bay. No birds. 1 boil used sounder to follow them.they werent very active yesterday.

Thatl be right my mate was next to harries all day didnt caught anything either.

hey mate, i went out yesterday chasing the birds, my mate got 3 i lost 2macks, but i landed a 14kilo longtail. defently alot of fish around

Sweet sess bro

Yeah man the fish are out there just gotta be right place right time.

I reckon if we stayed around we would have got more but didnt wanna be fighting to see who gets school first. Did you get tuna with the mackerel. My mate hooked onto something big yesterday too but it spat it out as line tension went slack we had to chase it.

Shane

hey mate, i went out yesterday chasing the birds, my mate got 3 i lost 2macks, but i landed a 14kilo longtail. defently alot of fish around

Sweet sess bro

Yeah man the fish are out there just gotta be right place right time.

I reckon if we stayed around we would have got more but didnt wanna be fighting to see who gets school first. Did you get tuna with the mackerel. My mate hooked onto something big yesterday too but it spat it out as line tension went slack we had to chase it.

Shane

I think it was just a school of tuna since the birds wher packed alot tighter, but im not sure. yeah i know that feeling of fighting to get to the schools first. We did it for a while till people saw a huge flock a mile away and we stayed back, and picked up alot of schools without anyones else fishing for them

Archived