a first/p.b for ash ( borumba dam )

madmullet

well we decided to give the social a wide birth due to not having a boat ect and decided to head up to borumba dam for the weekend. brad ( basstracker ) told me to take his tiny ( cheers )

we got up to the dam friday evening around 8.30 and unpack the truck and set up the bedding in the back. we put in 2 shrimp pots and then hit the hay.

4.30 rise and we set out on the water. first stop was to put redclaw pots in. we droped them in the main basin and then headed to the timbers. we got to our spot and fist cast, i am on ash said, she turns to me and says, we babe looks like i am going to show you up again. mmmmmm, yep ok hun, if you think so i replied.

post-8878-144598745642_thumb.jpg

well we kept on fishing catching bass after bass and next think you hear is zzzzzzzzzzzzz ( suger, honey, ice and tea ) lol :lol: , a nice quick fight on 6lb and up pops a very nice yella. a good first yella i say

post-8878-144598745626_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745635_thumb.jpg

she turn to me and once again, so babe, whoes in front, iturned to her and said, i do have the fish in my hands, and you know how slippery fish can be :silly: :lol:. afew pick and into the esky. yum yum.

any way 10.00 rolls around and things started to go quiet so we called it and went and check the pot. we pulled all 8 pots and nothing, a quick refreshin of bait and droped them back in.

we head ti town shortly after to grab some wine and pillies for redclaw bait and the tackle shop owner said for us to put our pots up the the top end of the creeks, youll get hundreds. so we went back to the dam and put the pots back in the water and headed back to camp to chill.

3.30 rolls around and we went and checked the pots once again and again nothing. we ran into on of the club members and he told us tha are holding in the middle reaches in about 1m of water so we repositioned the pots for the nights soaking and went back to the ramp and to chill for the evening with the club members.

4.30 rise again and ash woke up not felling the best. something must have bitten herduring the night as she was very puffy around the face, so she nad the call to stay back and rest while i go out for a flick. first up pot check time. i was very excited to check the pots as we were hanging for a feed of red claw, pull all pots and nothing. so i left them in the boat and started fishing. i got into the bass very quickly pulling 5 good bass of the one snag before they shut down. it stayed shut down for the rest of the morn so i headed in with 2 good bass for the plate and no red claw.

so the cmp between ash and i was cut short, but she still did catch the biggest fish of the weekend

on a differant note we released 60,000 fingerlings into the dam, mixed silvers and yellas.

so many people showed up to ski/ wake board just to turn around and go home due to the dam being closed to swimming and skiing. their were maybe a total of 10 boats out fishing so it was nice and quiet.

cheers kurt

post-8878-144598745652_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745659_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745666_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745676_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745684_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745692_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598745698_thumb.jpg

dinner with the crew, great old people they are

post-8878-144598745701_thumb.jpg

Archived