Riverdale Park Carp

WayneD

Went down to look at the jetty that is used for shark fishing at lunch time. Never been there so didn't know what to expect. Anyway you can see by the picture how swollen the Logan River is. Got there and had a look and was about to leave when some kids got excited because they saw a fish. I had a quick look and could see a carp finning the surface while it had it's gob in the grass. Thought about trying to grab it bare hands but knew I would miss. Went back to get my landing net but of course I had taken it out of the car. Next best thing was the castnet. Took it back down and cast over the carp. It went ballistic and was fn huge. About 60cm. It managed to get out but I had a few more casts anyway. Managed to get a 45cm one so I was happy. Hung around for a bit to see if any would show themselves again but then some guys came down and were putting up a makeshift fence getting ready for the high tide. So I took off and dumped the carp in one of the park bins.

post-1190-144598747096_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598747102_thumb.jpg

i have always thort their were always carp in the system threw that stretch. i no their is excess water around atm, but in the past i thort i have seen them fining around the the mangroves and acasionally you hear them do that funny little jump they do ( not mullet ). we used to catch them yrs ago up schmidts rd , prob another 6-10km inland by river

Archived