Pipeline and Poo Chute

Seiran

Hi all

New to AFO and new to Brisbane. I've just moved back home to Australia after living in the UK for the past 12 years and for the time being have decided to call Brisbane (Wynnum) home. I'm actually from Chinderah, and grew up fishing the Tweed river.

I've just bought myself a new (old) boat and plan on heading out to pipeline and poo chute once this weather finally eases up. The problem is, I've never fished Brisbane and am not sure what to look out for (other than big ships of course ;) ).

Can someone please give me a heads up on the location? I looked on google earth and I think I know where the two locations are but I don't know if there are any laws/rules for being in the area, or if there is a particular place that is better than others? For example, can you actually navigate under that pipeline to fish on the north side of it? or is it better to fish just out of the mouth of the river to the east/north east of the chute?

I'm not trying to steal any ones fishing spot, just looking to get myself started. Once I'm comfortable with the boat my plan is to start heading out into the bay. Until then I'm happy to stay a little closer to the river.

Also, what's the score with the gateway bridge? Are the pillars good for dropping softies or live bait?

Thanks

Seiran

Archived