Leslie Harrison Dam

Aaron H

Have a heard a rumour that there is a group of people looking to get the Leslie Harrison dam open to fishing. If it could be done it would be a great resource as it always seems to hold a good water level and it might help lower the Tilapia numbers entering tinny creek. Anyone know anything about this ?

Would love to see it opened. Its a wonderfull resourse just being wasted. I saw the dpi doing electrofishing about 18 months ago but when trying to obtain results of what they found ran against blank wall with both the redlands council and dpi.

You have only to look at what has been provided and the community benefits resulting at other dams in other areas.

The redlands council are too busy looking after the developers and keep their heads buried in the sand and are collectivly unable to make an origional thought amongst the whole bunch of them

I go freshwater fishing at least once a week and travel 28k a year going to sampsonvale, hinze and baroon pocket. I live in the redlands and over the last five yearshave spoken to several successive councillers with no result.

Maybe we need to get Simon Balitis on side. Convince him getting rid of tilapia would be good for the koalas

ray

I would also be keen to see how this moves forward.

I have heard reports that there are literally hundreds of thousands of Tilapia in there.

And why not put some bass in there as well?

My company is selling an acreage right on Leslie Harrison right now.

Even the people who own the land are not allowed to fish it. (as if you wouldnt anyway).

But how stupid is that.

Angus

Archived