Hitting up the bullies VIDEO ADDED 10/02/12

dan25

Hey guys

My mate and I had the day off so we decided to hit the bullies for a sesh in my boat. It's been a few weeks since Ive targeted them, but with the rain settling , and the water near it's normal level, we were hoping they would be there, in big numbers. B) After losing a monster last trip, atleast 1.3 maybe up around 1.5 by the glimse i got, I was determined to try and get a big fella in the boat. We tried getting big baits for an hour or two in the casntet, and after a dozen or so casts at each spot we had some average mullet, and some big bony bream, perfect. B)

The bullies weren't really firing, but we did have some sweet as runs both on the heavier spin setups and the bream gear. After a few missed hookups, I finally sunk the hooks into what felt decent. After what was a short but pretty intense fight, and eventually untagling it from around the anchor rope, I tail grabbed him because he wouldn't fit in my small net and we had a good bully in the boat. Quick measure and he went a tad over 1.1m. :)

P1000372.jpg

P1000374.jpg

After that, we raced back, hooked the boat on and got a feed. Pretty keen tohead back, and try get one of those big fellas that I keep losing. :P

Ive got a bit of video footage, so will also upload that soon.

Cheers

Dan

Yeah mate, they are honestly anyway in the river. Put the time and effort in and you will get them. Yeah around Belbowrie/moggil is a good area for the bullies. Give us a yell one time if your gonna hit the river, might tea up a sesh, i'll bring my boat along too.

Mate I'd love that, I was thinking about maybe having a crack tomorrow but I'll see how things pan out. Can you tell me what the closest ramp to Bellbowrie would be?

P.S loved the video, I see theyre not very obedient

Cheers

Awesome shark mate, was it on pretty light gear? Love the video aswell, I applaud you in your effort to train sharks not to bite, future generations will thank you

I was using pretty heavy spin gear. Well, a 3-6kg rod, but 40lb braid on the combo haha. B) Because of the floods there is trees and all kinds of stuff in the water, and when I was trying to get them on 10lb and lighter they would do you pretty quick expecially the few bigger ones ive lost. Very rare now though, the tree brakes before the line if they snag ya lol.

Just to give an idea on how far the bullies will travel up-river, a couple weeks ago I hooked a nice bass from my kayak a couple hundred metres down from the old Mt.Crosby wier. Anyway, just as I start to see the fish, this bloody metre-plus bully zooms in and monsters my poor old bass! All I was left with was half a bleeding bass hanging off my lure. You cant get much further up the river then that, except maybe during the floods. So, who knows where they could be now!

Archived