Threadys on the bite

benobfo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not having a go but why keep so Many what can you do with that many fillets just a waste

Hey Dragon's - Just wondering what makes the Thready so special that the bag limits do not apply. People are quite happy with people keeping their bags on other species. The bag on these are either 5 or 10 - 6 fish between two people is a very modest bag. There is always the same debate between the C&R fishos and the Fillet and release fishos

You talking about a fish even if there skinny 12kg you would have atleast 5kg fillet if I'm wrong but everyone I've caught I could only ever take one just too much fillet for us especially cause there such a chuncky fish you fillet the fillet to get a better thickness fillet but good to see there back on the bite again

Mate there a prize fish for the river we are very lucky to have them in river and if you don't do the the right thing by them there they will be gone sooner rather then later all I can say is if you get a fish that is that big how old do you think it is? All I can say is you don't get a many little fish in the river and if you keep taking the breeders then the stock levels will be going down I fished pretty hard for them this year which we have boated I would say 30 to 40 and we kept maybe 5 at the most there an easy fish to release if you don't take them out of the water and don't stuff around with them don't know maybe it's just me but when you see six get taken out of the river at that size I wonder why there's better eating fish in the river there's millions of squire around and they taste Alot better then threadys I think the bag limits on threadys is a joke should be max 2 per boat but hey just my opinion well done again ben nice fish

Nice catch mate.

The laws are there for a reason, if there was risk of population decline they would set a max size like they have for many other species. As it stands there is not. Each to their own in whether you keep or release your catch, as long as you follow the rules, its all good in my book. He's no moses thats for sure :whistle:

My 2cents

I agree they are a great fish to have in the River. Where I differ is that Benno caught his fish and kept less than his bag. I am not sure of the reality with them being a good fish to release. Just because they swim off does not mean they survive. Tugger sees many fish regularly after a weekend washed up in the tug boat area dead where sport fishos have released their catch where they have only caught them for fun. So who is doing the most damage?? The person that catches 3 each and keeps them or the guy who catches 10 or more in a session and releases them only to die. From what I hear from experienced fishos they are a difficult fish to release successfully.

and in this thread we have a fine example of why a lot of folk no longer post reports!

well done all involved!

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !

Mod Note

Back on topic now boys.....and the topic isn't whether someone within the law should be persecuted or not (no matter who they may be ;) )

Any further rubbish posts will get the heave ho.

correct crazy if you take them out of water then there as good a dead and if your fishing in 15m plus yeah good chance they will blow up i fished a school this year why we were filming and caught alot of fish and relesed everyone went there a few days later and caught a thready that i caught 2 days before he pretty marked remeber him real well all the anglers that i have fished with and that do catch and realese with all ways do one or 2 things fish shallow water for any where from 4m to 10m dont stuff around with them get them in as quick as you can and dont take them out of the water and if you do get one that is 50/50 take it home but leave the school alone at the end of the each to there own i know tugger and have spoken to him about this before but if you do these little things threadys schools will be around alot longer and theere will be some of the best fishing for the kids growing up now such as my little fella and no doubt heaps of others im off got work to do ben well done again great fish

[attachment=46608]sanjathreadie.pdf[/attachment]

Absolutely correct about them not releasing well, get them in asap and don't take them outta the water is the best thing to do. Even still they can not revive. Also a 1m fish would never weigh 12kg's. The biggest I've ever seen was 130cm's and weighed 13kg's. 1 metre fish usually average around 6 to 8kg's

[attachment=46608]sanjathreadie.pdf[/attachment]

Absolutely correct about them not releasing well, get them in asap and don't take them outta the water is the best thing to do. Even still they can not revive. Also a 1m fish would never weigh 12kg's. The biggest I've ever seen was 130cm's and weighed 13kg's. 1 metre fish usually average around 6 to 8kg's

dan i've seen a 140cm that weighed 18+kg

my pb is 132cm 16kg

Good catch mate, U put the effort in, u deserve to keep em.

I for one will keep any and as many fish that are legal. I only get out 1ce a month - if that, so whatever is legal - I will keep.

I can only remember 1 time in the last three years that I got a bag limit of any fish species. I stayed up all frigin night just to catch 5 pan sized snapper and my oath did my wife an I enjoy eating them - yes even the frozen fillets which we cooked 4 weeks later were delicious. None of it goes to waste as I keep the frames for crab bait or mince them up for berley.

We spend 1000's of dollars a year (rego/insurance/fuel/ramp fees/sips etc - which also pays for research and stocking) just to have the pleasure of fishing. I love eating fish - I love catching them. Bag and size limits are made to sustain the fishery and I abide by them.

No wonder people are hesitant to post reports - they get frowned upon (by some) for doing what is totally legal. Maybe the people who frown upon others for doing the right thing (legally wise), would be happier if EVERYONE released EVERY fish they catch and just buy fish from seafood markets/shops and encourage more commercial fishing/netting etc etc - cause that is surely the best way to sustain our fishery :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Cheers

Woodlaz

Archived