Rod Repairers

Chrisso

Hey Guys. A guide has snapped and popped out one of my soft plastic rods (my favorite and best one) near it's tip (about 3-4 guides down). Do you guys know of anyone from tackle places that fix the guides on rods, on the Southside of Brissy?

Any helps is much apprecated. I am ok with a backup, but I think the braid might kill the rubber guides on it....

John Ford 32068048 excellent work Cheap prices for AFO members just say Ray Kennedy sent you ( No I dont get a commission)He is in Redland bay. Does beautiful custom binding if you want a rod built on your own blank.He has even done one for me in the Kennedy Tartan

Ray

There's no secrets to binding a new guide on it's a very simple procedure but a couple of tips

(1) file the guide foot to a very fine tip makes gettting the binding to ride up the foot easy

(2) super glue the guide where you want it

(3) the finish is usually done with 5 minute araldite or epoxy glue

(4) keep turning the rod till the glue has set to keep it uniform

Here's a very good link to show you binding

/>http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/rodrepb.htm

If you kill a rod tip heat it with a lighter and it will pull off then use a hot glue stik or gun to re attach it

I've built dozens apon dozens of rods over the years but nowadays it's not worth the hassle :silly:

but guide repairs Have a go gives you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you did it your self :)

Gaz

pm me if you want help

Archived