few schoolies again

rosco1974

post-3985-144598757704_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598757699_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598757699_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598757704_thumb.jpg

went looking for a few schoolies for a feed again this morning,headed over moreton and through out the spoons not alot happining ended up with 5 keepers,there where schools of 35-45cm schoolies everywhere.must of caught 10 or so all released

tried smoking a few pieces and turned out ok ..i just put sweet chilli sauce on them then straight into the smoker.ist go at smoking a they wheren't too bad

cheers rosco

Well done rosco.

Nice schoolies again.

All i caught today was bloody tuna.heaps of it too. We came back in bay to find macks but couldnt find anything.

Report coming soon.

Swells dropped down i went out 5 am it wasnt that bad. Coming back was good too. Wind was kinda annoying couldnt bait fish properly around boat rock. Wind against tide.

Nice one! Were you trolling near the sand hills for those bad boys?

The smoked fish look pretty good too. I have a chef's suggestion for you if you're interested. You can try pre-brining them before smoking them rather than using sweet chilli

Just throw 2L of warm water with 250g of salt, 125g brown sugar, 1tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, all spice and white pepper. Cover the fillets with this brine mix for half an hour, drain and let the fillets air dry for an hour before smoking.

I've used this method quite a bit in restaurants and they always turn out really well. Just make sure your smoker doesn't get too hot.

Archived