Bass remained active

Dinodadog

Bass have remained active over the last couple of weeks, despite the rain and the flooded creeks. Some creeks take a little longer than others to return to normal, some fire right away after a downpour, some creeks you have to be there quickly after a storm before it starts to run to quick and others you can fish the back eddies where the fish are resting out of the strong flow. Most times the bass are still in the same area, you just have to feel your way around till you find them. Dont overlook tiny little back eddies as on occasions I have pulled some good bass out of places you would not beleive they were. Also while the creeks are running fast some of the dams still remain positive.For the dirty water bright coloured plastics and loud rattlers work well. Anyway here are a few picsBy catch for dirty water

post-1453-144598758616_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598758621_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598758625_thumb.jpg

Good to here it's not just me, I scored the same number Saturday arvo ( 0 ),What the heck ? I guess that's why we continue chasing them because they can be unpredictable at times.

The week before in the same spot with a much lower barometer and they were going bananas !!!

Old mate and I were talking this arvo about why we can catch bass in the same spot repeatedly. After the zip the other day I recounted that I'd read somewhere that they (bass) seem to be more aggressive when the barometer is lower. Your post made me think about previous times when we've had great success with a lower barometer. I'm going to keep more records of our successes (or failures) with respect to barometric pressures as well as water temperatures.

Brian

Archived