Outfished by the Mrs

max pwr

Howdy all, well I spent the last 4 days camping on Sth Straddie with intents of hitting up the seaway and catching bulk epic fish :cheer: I got geared up last week with a tld 25 to pull up whatever has been dusting me lately but didn't happen......instead spent most of the 4 days drinking and swimming with the odd burst of fishing thrown in.

Bloody beautiful weather too! On sunday arvo we stumbled our way across the island to the surf side to sip some lemonades and have a bit of a fish, it was so bloody hot and by the time we got there we were nearly dead, sculled a couple stubbies which strangely enough didn't help much in the burning sun :silly: and within ten minutes the clear blue skies turned black and thunder started rolling in......Bloody hell we left the tent wide open!!!! shiz :( so we had to trek our way back, I was spewing cos there was the most beautiful gutter right up against the beach, like perfect and I had to leave it unfished :(:(:( and by this time walking back after the storm passed was completely out of the question!

Anyway back to the point of this long winded and so far uninteresting waste of bytes....... on Friday, no actually it may have been saturday.......well on the weekend my better half and Farmer Geoff and I were fishing round wavebreak when she caught a beautiful flattie :woohoo: and she got it on a gulp 4" shrimp in new penny which is a real acheivement as usually she's a die hard bait fisho but for some reason on Friday or Saturday she decided to follow my lead and use a sp......don't know why cos I caught bugger all the entire weekend.

post-5844-144598758999_thumb.jpg

So there you go, a picture of a fish.

Luckily after reading a post about bragmat inaccuracies I happened to know that the 76cm on the bragmat was in reality a smidge under 75cm so we turned it into this for lunch

post-5844-144598759008_thumb.jpg

and this for dinner

post-5844-144598759014_thumb.jpg

yeah I know it looks a bit rough but bloody hell when you're camping I tell you what, it went down allright.

Tight lines fellow fisher dudes

Get used to it Max. tBox always reminds me of her 80cm lizard. As a matter of fact everyone on the site reminds me of it!

Ha ha :silly: I think it's a case of the protege overtakes the master....maybe I got all the theory but no natural ability :( I'm in a bit of a slump actually but she keeps pulling them in!

Yeah mate, there's the bedrooms campground, tipplers and north and south currigee......each ground has a different level of amenities and they're spaced along the length of the island, i think all up there's around 200 tent sites available between the grounds and plenty are right on the water

Archived