No run, No Fun, No Way!

rosstralia46

[so had to drop my brother and sister at school and then went to main roads. so came home and decided i would go down the cree again and see if i could harass any more carp today. so rigged up my rod and grabbed a loaf of bread i had in the freezer my net and bag and i was off. walked down to the creek and as i suspected the water level had dropped as we had very little rain last night and as a result there was no were near asmuch current. so decided to have a flick on the otherside of the bridge were there is sometimes some big carp and with the lack of current i could get it in tight to the reeds. burleyed and fished there for a bit but there was no sign of any bites and didnt get any bites so grabbed the gear and decided to move on the otherside of the bridge down where i finished up yesterday. there was not as many carp around and not as much flow. continued berlying and had a few looks but no takes and they were pretty finicky. i was fishing and noticed something hitting some bread downstream when i look back the signs of a take and no float i tightened up and set the hooks what felt like a really good carp. it took off straight into the reeds but managed to mustle him out and then tryed to get me into the timber but after a few attempts got him in the net and a solid chunk of a carp around 45cm and a couple of kilos. a few pics later and he was hurled up the bank.

post-7093-144598764538_thumb.jpg

post-7093-14459876455_thumb.jpg

set back to fishing and saw a massive eel swimming around and not long after there was somthing taking the bread downstream. so got down there and had a flick and got looked at by a carp and then the eels sucked it in and i was on. there was no way i was going to get him out as all i could feel was timber then ping oh well was expecting it anyway haha. re rigged and had a flick in the main pond for a while before i ventured back and floated another piece of bread into the snag riddled corner and wasnt long before a carp sucked my bread down i set the hook and on for a very hard but short fight in and amongst the timber and i landed a nice average size carp for the creek.

post-7093-144598764573_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598764563_thumb.jpg

went back and fished both spots for a while before i saw a carp over in the reeds on the other side after a few casts finally got a good one in looped over a reed tight in and had to wait a little while but finally hooked up to another carp. this one went really hard for an average fish and once again got him in the net and took a few steps before he joined his mates. the night then shut down so i decided to pack up and go home and watch the cricket.

post-7093-144598764584_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598764594_thumb.jpg

must say switched back to mono on my sienna the other day and really cannot beat it for bait fishing the extra stretch means i could put more hurt without pulling hooks and also giving me heaps of abrasion resistance whilst fishing in amongst the timber. must say although an ugly pest of a fish those carp go as hard as bass in the skinny water. thanks for reading cheers ross B)

Great fun the carp. Back home the only descent fishing within a 50km radius was carp so its what i did for years.

Good report, id be keen to get into a few sometime too, could even make a social of it, AFO carp and tillie eradication fest or something. :)

Archived