inskip for easter

Davo_Dinkum

well since all i seam to do these days is work ,bugger all fishing and camping .

this Easter i am going camping ,been a few years since we have gorn to inskip point .so going to take 2 weeks off work and head up before Easter and get a spot and chill out for 2 weeks .this is my give up smoking 2 weeks ,can't think of a better spot.going to take up the boat too been many many many years since i took a boat or tinny up there. i can't wait 3 weeks is such a long time .

That sounds great! Camping is the LAST thing I want to do over Easter with all the crowds, but If it was Inskip, I reckon I could bare it, especially since you are going up early to get a good spot. Last time I was up there the channel was packed full of Tuna. We chased schools all day and had them, boiling up around the boat, but they would take any sized slug/popper/minnow we threw at them

nice ,i would like to fish up there its been years since i had a fish in a boat up there .

mainly did the surf thing last few trips .

last trip up with a boat was a 10 foot tinny so we just crabbed ,always crab even if no boat just get the kids to walk the pots in and out as they don't sink in the mud like i do .

as for Easter we went up one Easter and it was mental ,i said never again.but i'm thinking if i get up there early and use council mesh to fence off a spot and we are still there after it should be ok i think .

we don't have a 4x4 atm so limited to where we go .

our back up spot is wave brake ,which is not so good for all the others going as they don't have boats .

Sounds like you have it all worked out. Council mesh is a good idea, and make sure you are at camp thursday arvo/friday morning and everything will be sweet. There is plenty of good crabbing around near Bullock point, I was really surprised to find more sandies in my pots than muddies

Have fun Davo - great spot in spite of the crowds. I went for the first time last Easter and enjoyed it - although had no luck with the fishing. Just a word of warning - the dirt road to the boat ramp was SHOCKING when I was there (although it may have improved since then?).

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

good luck and have a good time up there guys .

we are changing plans ,wave brake this time .

inskip point has toilets and shops at rainbow beach is 2wd access but 279 km, 4 hours and 200 $ camping fees for 10 days .

then add fuel and the poor old car having to tow a boat or trailer to get to inskip.

wavebrake no toilets ,supermarket close by boat , 78.7 km, 1 hour 3 mins,no camping fees, access only by boat. i can poo in a bucket for 10 days and save 200 $ ,plus fuel.

there was a lot of discussion and working out the pro and cons between the 2, inskip a lot more of the family can come . wavebrake only those that want to get transported by my boats can come .that cuts out the mrs grandma as she has enough trouble walking ,getting in and out of cars is hard .a boat would be impossible but that means no mother inlaw either :).

so we should see a report in 14 days time ,mite just be a camping trip or maybe some fishing too .

going to try and fish around the broad water a bit since we will be camped on wavebrake for 10 days about .

looking at heading off on the 3 or 4 of April and come home the 12 or 13 or maybe the 15 as its a rdo week ,all depends if i was to come home back to reality or not ,so far its always not and i stay extra days .

for sure we will crab and catch bream and whiting off the beach and chill out and enjoy .

Got mates in a houseboat in the area and the lads and I are thinkin' of doin some day trips or camp if we can.

I'll say g'day if I see ya meshed off campsite.

Good luck on the durries mate, got rid of 'em around this time last year. Best decision I've ever made!

look for one of the worst /oldest runabouts u have ever see .that's me .

the spot i going for i won't need council mesh but i will put up a mesh flag since i do not have a large Aussie flag.

well by now u would know i have given up on inskip and heading to wave brake

so tomorrow we head off camping ,going to wave brake island for a week +,feel free to come visit for a day or camp the weekend .i can transport u across on my boats no problem ,best place to park is along marine parade ,tailor street end .there is parking for normal car in these parks and it is close for me to come and get u .while there are no toilets u can use the tinny /3.5 hp motor to run back to the parks to use toilets if u don't want to poo in a bucket .anyone can drive this .this is open to friends and family ,ring us to organise,u have our numbers .

the spot i'm thinking off will only have room for 1 or 2 more tents,not sure but i think it will get packed over Easter .i have a axe and saw could always make a new spot ;),hehehe.

Archived