Hervey Bay Maddness

Funfisher

Headed up to Hervey Bay with my Dad and Nadders for a weekend escape from my house full of women for the wife to be's Bridal shower..

We arrived on friday arvo to mint conditions and reports of the tuna turning up in numbers which was music to our ears! Had a few frothys and off to bed for a good night sleep in prep for the Saturday.

We headed out with Craig from Fraser guided fishing at a good hour of around 6.00am and had a perfect run out there with little wind and a flat ocean.

We arrived at the spot to all sorts of tuna busting up everywere and it dint take lond before we were all hooked up solid to some longtails and mack tuna.

The rest of the day was constant action with well over 20 tuna landed on threadybuster, stickbaits, plastics,poppers and slugs.

Dan also managed a quality golden on the new threadybuster 90 on the last drop of the day which was the icing on the cake and a great end to a epic days fishing.

We arrived back at camp three very happy lads and still buzzing hard from the day of tuna mayhem and we were all blown away by how awesome our guide Craig had been he was a genuine top bloke and was overflowing with local knowledge.

After a good night sleep Dan and I headed back out in my boat early sunday morning and were both hooked onto tuna minutes after arrival with a few good longtails and a big mack Tuna.

While dan was fighting a solid longtail i noticed a good show on the sounder down deep so dropped a threadybuster down and was rewarded with a solid hook up on a beautifull golden Trev.

Soon after this the weather looked to be turning and it did hurt to leave so early with the tuna busting up all around us but we decided to head back into the ramp so we would have plenty of time to get back to Brisbane and clean the boat out before dark.

We kept two longtails for a feed that we could not revive but all other fish were released and swam off hard to fight another day.

64732_10.jpg

64074_10.jpg

41712910.jpg

42039310.jpg

42077610.jpg

42085210.jpg

42212210.jpg

42238210.jpg

42280310.jpg

41919410.jpg

42296610.jpg

42335910.jpg

42399910.jpg

42568210.jpg

42757210.jpg

43176810.jpg

41987810.jpg

42952610.jpg

43003511.jpg

hervey10.jpg

hervey11.jpg

Madmullet the ones feeding on longtom would hit the poppers hard the others would shy off a bit, and Dogstylz the reel list was - me "stella 4000 running 15lb and a caldia running 8lb" Dad "certate 3500hd running 25lb" Dan "stella 3000 15lb and twinpower 5000 30lb"

Great report fellas gotta love that kinda action!!!,the guys at Fraser Guided Fishing really know how to get you on to fish !! I've been out with 'em a couple times and have always caught great fish :)

"Reel Mate" Bargy owns the business, very nice bloke - they also now have a boat up at Weepa

I'm looking at heading back in a month, generally Easter can be tough weather wise as the winds can really pick up but last Easter we smashed some great Golden Trevally !!

Thanks for report mate

You guys got on to some cracker fish

Me n my mate being planning to go hervey bay for a while now to chase pelagics. But we didnt know where to fish.

We planning to go for weekend too. Might do same as you guys. Go charter one day n go back again with own boat.

You guys didnt get into any mackerel??

Shane

ross, i've been more or less permanently snowed under :P this trip was my first fishing trip for a long while, have only done the odd 1 or 2 sessions in the river over the past several months.

ted- about 50k up the inside of the island lol, basically just kept going until we spotted the schools. pack plenty of fuel and hug the island tight to get a glassy ride (if its blowing the right way)

You certainly picked the right day for it fellas. From what I've heard it was wall to wall fish last weekend.

Are any of those fish Yellowfins, or is it just the lighting.

Oh and Ted, just make sure you're not fishing where I am at Easter and you'll be right:)

Norm

You certainly picked the right day for it fellas. From what I've heard it was wall to wall fish last weekend.

Are any of those fish Yellowfins, or is it just the lighting.

Oh and Ted, just make sure you're not fishing where I am at Easter and you'll be right:)

Norm

Are you up there with the family Norm? Will have to catch up for a beer or two :P

Archived