The Pin 22/7/07

Gazza

Rosscoe and I arrived at Cabbage tree point boat ramp just after 6am and headed out towards the Pin Bar

P1010012AFO.jpg

It was a magic morning till we saw this

P1010013AFO.jpg yep it started to rain and blow :pinch: We got as close as we dared but with an out going tide we soon ran for cover

P1010014AFO.jpg

Rosscoe was determined to catch a fish look close a rod in both hands :silly:

P1010019AFO.jpg as so far I had caught the only fish a small trevally

The wind started to pick up and it was getting hard to fish so we searched for some shelter and found a nice drop off from a sand bar at Tabby creek Rosscoe was first cab off the rank with a 32 cm Bream

P1010018AFO.jpg

Then it was my turn for some fun with a Baby marlin

well it preformed like one :whistle: jumping and going nuts but it was a 70cm Long Tom with a nasty set of dentures

P1010022AFO.jpg

Rosscoe scored another smaller bream and a nice Flattie close to 55cm ( All Caught on Prawn)

We tried all over the place but it was blowin a gale and Lumpy :pinch:

ended up hiding in the Logan river mouth where I caught the smallest bream I've seen and a small stingray :(

We decided at 3.15 pm enough was enough and had a very bumpy wet ride home but as always a great day out

pic of the keepers

P1010021AFO.jpg

OOPS nearly forgot we saw these 3 guys run a ground

on the same sand bar we found :pinch: only to find them still there after we had ventured to the bar and back so it was AFO to the rescue we tied a rope to Ross's boat and I went to help push and after mucho pushing swearing and shoveing we got the guys clear :) I was cold and wet but it gave us a warm Fuzzy feeling

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/07/22 19:00

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/07/22 19:04

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/07/22 19:12

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/07/22 21:54

Good report Gazza. I can't remember the details of the tinny you're in, but crossing Jumpinpin in it would be scary at the best of times. Great pic of the bar too.

Those LongToms are great fun when they get aerial. I remember at Peregian one morning I got onto a few just as the sun was coming up behind the waves and could see the blighters taking me for runs and then launching into the air. WooHoo. Good strip bait for the bream too. Are you gonna smoke him on your new acquisition ?

Good onya for helping out the other guys. A warm fuzzy feeling - that's how the flu will feel too;) :whistle:

Archived