New Premium Tournament Lures Available Next Week!

Orca

After several unforseen delays, I am pleased to say that our fantastic new series of Premium Tournament Lures will arrive this weekend and will be sent out to our Tournament Pro Dealers next week. These lures have had fantastic results during the prototype testing phase and have defiantely been worth the extra wait as we made slight adjustments to get them absolutely perfect straight out of the box!

post-9073-144598767619_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598767628_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598767635_thumb.jpg

post-9073-14459876764_thumb.jpg

Prices are on the charts gus, pretty sure 12.95?

Only ever used one shinku, in stripy devil (was all that was left of the prototypes), and had some decent success on it, with the biggest fish I got on it going 31FL from memory, will see if I can dig up the picture. Looking forward to picking up my order ;)

post-529-144598767654_thumb.jpg

I have a question.

What exactly makes up a premium tournament lure?

Have and (any) major prizes been won in tournaments with these lures?

If the results are on the board may consider getting a few for trial.

thanks

Richard

From Opening Post -

After several unforseen delays, I am pleased to say that our fantastic new series of Premium Tournament Lures will arrive this weekend and will be sent out to our Tournament Pro Dealers next week. These lures have had fantastic results during the prototype testing phase and have defiantely been worth the extra wait as we made slight adjustments to get them absolutely perfect straight out of the box!

The new range look great Mike.

Shinku and Toga,bring it on :P

Lance

During the trials the Shinku was good in the deeper water for Bass - bit like an ice jig i guess - just put it in front of their noses and annoy them enough. Toga on the other hand seemed to really prefer the Chuggas but i guess it deepnds on the conditions of the day.I p[ersonnally did ok at Somerset on the Bass with the Deep Purple Boomer around the timbers towards Villeneuve. They all work well - just gotta pick the right lure and colour for the day i guess.

Bondi brown..... what a cracker description of colour.

But its a little too shiny, as the saying goes you can only polish a Bondi brown so much but at the end of the day its still a BondI brown.

You are quite right of course Greg but its the most popular colour by far. We are already having problems meeting back orders for this colour.

I have a question.

thanks

Richard

From Opening Post -

So the answer is NO then.

So if they are new and have not been used to win any major tournaments then what exacty makes them a Premium Tournament Lure

I have a question.

thanks

Richard

From Opening Post -

So the answer is NO then.

So if they are new and have not been used to win any major tournaments then what exacty makes them a Premium Tournament Lure

The term “ Premium Tournament Lure†refers to lures which are of a very high quality build and have a proven fish catching ability in Tournaments. Whilst it is correct to say these “New Lures†have not won anything yet as they are yet to arrive in the country, prototypes have been used for the last 12 months during our pre-release testing phase with outstanding results.

If you took the trouble to read an article called “ One Box†in the 2012 Tournament Angler Guide – which i mentioned on here a few weeks ago – you will see that 3 of our lures are in Steve Morgan’s Tacklbox. He specifically refers to the “Austackle Proto-typesâ€.

In addition to Steves unquestionable standing in the Tournament community, the prototypes also have been used sucessfully by a number of other highly ranked ABT anglers. No sucessful Tournament angler ever uses just one or two lures exclsively so its totally wrong to ask “What Tournaments have been won on these luresâ€.

What can be said with a 100% degree of certainty is that several of the top ABT anglers have fished with these protypes during the course of the various comps and done very well with them. For excample, Shane Barling finished in 2nd Place at the Mallacoota ABT in February. Our prototypes were also used by two of the top 5 placed Teams in the ABT Megabucks at Forster last weekend.

Steve Morgan last week posted on his Facebook page a photo of a 36cm Fork Length Bream which he caught on an Austackle Shinku prototype. I could go on and on.

At least another 6 ABT anglers at the Megabucks used some of these protypes at some stage during the course of the weeknd. The entry fee for this event is $1,000 so its fair to say that these people are not going to waste their time using lures that dont work.

Unlike most of our competitors, we do not simply import lures from China and Japan and then spend millions of dollars in advertsing trying to convince Australian anglers that they are good. We build our lures from the ground up. We seek the input of many ABT anglers and ask them what they want and what characteristics they should have. We also seek their opions about colours etc.

The next step is to make a mould and produce some protype lures for testing purposes. Quiet often these need some refinement over a period of months. We do not release our lures until the various ABT anglers who have been involved in the process have given us their approval. It should be noted that it is not only Austackle Sponsored Anglers who are involved in this process.

I am very confident in saying that these new lures accurately meet their description. I will let the general public and the Tournament anglers ultimately decide if our description is correct.

Re: New Premium Tournament Lures Available Next Weowns then, just to reminise about surfing at Bondi in years gone by.

Booty the Bondi Brown name was a bit of an in house joke. A similar colour put out by Tiemco a few years ago was called 007 - hence the "Bond" reference. It is also the colour of various floating objects found in the sea off Bondi Beach!! lol

Re: New Premium Tournament Lures Available Next Weowns then, just to reminise about surfing at Bondi in years gone by.

Booty the Bondi Brown name was a bit of an in house joke. A similar colour put out by Tiemco a few years ago was called 007 - hence the "Bond" reference. It is also the colour of various floating objects found in the sea off Bondi Beach!! lol

The brown murk was the polite term for it.

Cheers

Ray

The brown murk was the polite term for it.

Cheers

Ray

yes it was ray..i am not sure if Bondi Beach is still being used as an effluent disposal spot but it used to be awful

Archived