strip coating of wire

post-8878-144598767796_thumb.jpg

seperate the strands evenly to make 2 evan strands

post-8878-144598767804_thumb.jpg

get your swivle or hook and thread bared ends of wire opposite ways

post-8878-14459876781_thumb.jpg

taking each end to meet coated wire

post-8878-144598767816_thumb.jpg

then in the loop you have made, decide where half way if and start plating the wire back together.

post-8878-144598767821_thumb.jpg

keep doing this each side till you have finished re plating the wire

post-8878-144598767827_thumb.jpg

acouple of other tips is slide some heat shring down you trace first so when you are finished plating, you can pull it up the bared wire so it is once again coated.

also you can put some heat shrink on you wire the same time as you put your hook/swivle on so you put a coating on that also....

this is an eg of what it should look like....

post-8878-144598767832_thumb.jpg

now this way of making a shark trace is 100% of the breaking strain. their is no crimps/swager kinking the wire either, so it wont evan snapp in the past i have had crimps/swages pull on big tigers next to the boat as well as loosing other various sized sharks during the fight.

THATS A VERY tidy trace kurt i wish mine were that tidy nother trick for your arsenal is paint on insulation i believe it to be the best if your trying to remove the metal contact with the water

/>http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=NM2832&keywords=insulation&form=KEYWORD

Depending on how lazy/unfazed you are, it wont leave the neatest edge on the PVC, but I cover it all up in tape anyway, so doesn't matter.

You just need to hold the cable from the non-tag end, press the knife against the cable at an angle (say 30 degrees) and slice into/down the wire.

Not directly into the wire, just down along it. (just into it enough so that the knife doesn't slide back out/off the PVC)

You'll be able to strip a foot long section in under 5 seconds.

A lot quicker than the way I used to do it with small pliers (cut and pull off in sections!)

strip coating of wire

then in the loop you have made, decide where half way if and start plating the wire back together.

acouple of other tips is slide some heat shring down you trace first so when you are finished plating, you can pull it up the bared wire so it is once again coated.

also you can put some heat shrink on you wire the same time as you put your hook/swivle on so you put a coating on that also....

now this way of making a shark trace is 100% of the breaking strain. their is no crimps/swager kinking the wire either, so it wont evan snapp in the past i have had crimps/swages pull on big tigers next to the boat as well as loosing other various sized sharks during the fight.

Good to see splicing is serving you well kurt,thought it might help you out

strip coating of wire

Good to see splicing is serving you well kurt,thought it might help you out

mate thats all i do now, and all thanks to one bloke.... cant mention his name tho...cheers

Great tutorial mate. Quick question I know you can't target sharks over 1.5m is it? What's the legality of it if you hook a bigger shark lets just say 2m for instance once you realise how big it is are you aloud to bring it in so you can get your rig back or do you have to just cut your line loosing your whole setup?

Cheers For the link mate but it still doesn't really answer my question is their a law stating you can't target sharks over I.5m or is it all just belony. Ha ha ha also I've come to notice people love to argue on tho forum don't they I find it pointless but amusing their is a good on in the new video competition section lol

"In response to your enquiry, regulated species may be targeted but as you cannot have sharks over 1.5m in your possession, so if you did catch one it must be immediately released.

If you wish to follow up on this enquiry please quote reference number: 885168"

Thats the response to your same question.

Meaning no there is no law, you just cant keep them.

"In response to your enquiry, regulated species may be targeted but as you cannot have sharks over 1.5m in your possession, so if you did catch one it must be immediately released.

If you wish to follow up on this enquiry please quote reference number: 885168"

Thats the response to your same question.

Meaning no there is no law, you just cant keep them.

Yep spot on.......

Archived