Noosa River Report

Carter

Just a quick update on the Noosa River:

I fished the river on the top and run out of high tide for 3 hours this morning with Callum (Pancakes and Haggis)for 10 plus Bream, 6 Grunter and 2 Flathead in the boat.

The weather started out in our favour and the fishing was really heating up but we left them biting as a white out of rain came through and drenched everything on board.

Best plastics were Damiki 3 inch Armour shad in Pink/blue and Gulp 3 inch Smelt.

Thanks Haggis old Chap!

post-9694-144598768334_thumb.jpg

Sorry no Pics of Haggis because of the rain.

at this point id just like to offer my sincere appologies for my useless bream skills,

when Greg went up 5-0 in fish within the first half hour think he stopped remininding me of the score,

managed to hook 3 bream and miss about 10 before we left the pontoons to chase something else as i was geting extreemly infuriated with them,

did manage to get on the scoreboard with a few small grunter though!!

still rather be out fishing than sitting at home, cheers again carter!

live baiting monday night? chance of a leave pass mate?

callum

cheers for the report. I was surprised to see on BoM that the Mooloolah catchment had recieved 93mm of rain since 9am today and that there is a flood warning out for the Mooloolah and Maroochy river systems again.

I`m starting to get concerned,with the continuous rain events happening up there,I may forget how to get to Coochin creek :(

this is dodgy but what the heck!

very limited with what we filmed, I dont think Callum was in the mood to be camera man :cheer:

He did take some great pics on the still camera though ;)

sorry trying to work out how to put a you tube video up.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrW2CtJFMMI&feature=youtu.be

Nice flathead and yet another good fish I've seen on here on the pink armour shads; I'm yet to catch a fish on them so keep reverting back to 'old faithfuls' every time I have tried them and get fish straight away. When you come up next Callum you have to show me how to use those bad boys, I think my retrieve style must be wrong for them.

That's not a bad effort Carter, much better than mine would be :) I think you can tell old Cal was having a tough morning :lol:

Also I'm pretty sure you were the bloke I was watching have a flick around the hire jetties when I was up there for the weekend a little while ago, before I'd actually met you :lol: I'll say g'day next time :)

Ant ^^^ Good chance it was me, old dunnga boat with a tiller electric down the back. Next time give me a holler and jump aboard, I always have plenty of rods :lol: They are as favourite spot of mine to fish early morning for Bream particulary when the rest of the river is quiet.

All sorts of beast come from that structure, hard to fish it when the tide rips though.

Generally the quality was poor yesterday but the numbers where there to keep it amusing. Good place to YAk on top of the tide. ;)

Archived