Shimano Biomaster

RichH

Just wondering if any of the AFO lads own a new Biomaster , looking at getting a back up to my twinpower (2500) just curious if any owners care to share review/opinion on the reel ..was at Davo's Compleat Angler during the week ..they feel great , super smooth ..and with 8.5kg of drag ..it's impressive!

I just got back from a trip to Thailand followed by Darwin.

In Thailand I bought a Biomaster 3000HG (I was told this was a japanese 'High Gearing' model) and paired it with a 4Kg Abu Garcia Rod with the intention of having a go for Barra in Darwin.

The setup performed very nicely and easily pulled in the Barra I got (between 60-70cm). They seemed to fight for about 1 min then all just tired out. It was a first time barra fishing for me so I may have had the drag set too high causing them to fatigue.

The drag is very strong. sometimes I would just tighten up the drag to de-snag lures and it wouldn't slip at all. The line would usually fail at the albright knot (40lb YGK Galis braid tied to 40lb Vanish Flurocarbon)

I hope that helps somewhat. I can try and answer any other questions you might have.

Cheers

Cheers cboy , apparently they have taken over from the twin power's , and they are an awesome reel! X-SHIP is a bonus also! They are one down from the Stella , I think I'll shop around and try find a good price for the 2500 , thanks once again

Archived