Jig Head Bulk Pack

RUSSIAN

Hi guys, I am going to buy a good amount of jig heads soon and I have come across this bulk value pack on Ebay. I am looking for a small variety of jig heads. I was wondernig if you guys could give some input into this item... Is this a good pack? Should I get it? Or should I buy from somewhere else? Your input would be greatly appriciated! :)

Cheers Anthony B)

The link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160654271246?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Anthony, remember the adage: "You get what you pay for"

It's cheap. There is probably a reason for that - the eyes will almost certainly pop out, the colour will probably come off pretty easy, and the hooks are probably fairly weak and will straighten on any half-decent fish.

Jigheads that size are best for deep water applications. I fish 1/4 oz with 5 and 6 inch plastics for surface/tuna fishing and 15-20 metre water applications. 1/0 sounds a bit small for 6 inch plastics, meaning you're going to be using smaller plastics that are going to sink even faster. Most likely thing to target with those jigheads are reef fish, which quite often have the potential to demolish a poor quality jighead.

As others have said, stay clear!

Ok, thanks guys!

I know now what i'll do...

I'll either wait for jig heads to go on sale (anaconda, bcf; etc)

Or go to Big W and buy some nitro jig heads or something like that. (Which is quality)

Once again, I really appriciate the inputs! I really dont want to spend $50 on 100 crap jig heads, I'd rather spend $50 on some good ones. I have learnt something!

Cheers

Anthony :cheer:

Archived