Charter recommendation

AZZA

Hi Gents I am flying to Airlie Beach for the last week of the school hols :woohoo: and wont have room for fishing gear :( but am hoping to find time for a charter for me and the young feller B) , Does anybody know of a good charter operator up that way either Bowen or Airlie want to try and avoid those tourist boats that will be full of punters haven a go.

Mate if you go to the fishing shop at the BP servo and ask for Bob he does trips to the reef and local stuff as well. There are a couple of others there too but I cant tell you anything about them. I know Bob and Ashly I was in the fishing club with them for a couple of yrs. They are good guys and they will look after you. Bob will talk ya ear off. There is also a charter out of the Proserpine fishing shop to PetrFaust Dam some massive barra in it Lindsy Dobe is the man over there.

I agree. The landbase options are pretty good arround airle. Thr shute harbour holds a few good barra, cod, trevally and the odd lost coral trout. I got a few barra in the harbour right up on the floating net which locks the harbour. Best bet is super early in the morning. Also able point off the rocks with fresh stripped bait or livies is really successfull. Loads of trevors and some big unstopables arround the drop offs.

Archived