Own a ute? You will pay higher rego under LNP

haines490slc

Sounds fair enough, leisure vehicles should pay more than yer bread and butter commute cars surely?

I assume this means a bread and butter commute car will come down in Rego and the leisure vehicle will stay at today's prices? No? Oh, how naive I am!!!!! ;)

I assume everyone who is opposed to this will vote........Or NO SAY! :evil:

Already do, check out the go via tolls. I drive two utes and feel it, everyday, don't forget the fuel efficiency ratings compared to a family car. For some reason a work ute, a tradies bread and butter does not need the same fuel efficiency rating as a bommadore sedan. And it WILL be worse regardless who gets put in charge of ruining the country.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Vote for LNP and the people who rely on their vehicle for work will be forking out, vote for Labor and everyone will be forking out when rego rises again. So when tradies start getting rid of their utes and use trailers what will they do? Raise trailer rego costs to compensate?

as a self employed tradie i will simply past the cost on to the customer (every customer) its that simple even if its a few bucks.iam positive iam not the only one going to do it and in return all it will do is raise the cost of living. which ironic cause that majority of clients for tradies are the average joe blow with the family cars and kids making there family homes more livable.at the end of the day as a self employed tradie iam not going to work for next to nothing id rather stay at home and go broke. the pollies all a bunch of pricks i reckon :evil:

MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees to help fund an LNP promise to give the owners of "family vehicles" a reprieve from Australia's costliest car rego. So if you drive a ute, you will pay more,

Link please

/>http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFkQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fnews%2Fqueensland%2Flnp-promises-to-give-owners-of-family-vehicles-reprieve-from-costly-car-rego-by-charging-motorcyclists-truck-and-ute-drivers-more%2Fstory-fnbt5t29-1226287790894&ei=5uxmT8zOAY_FmQWmmaGRCA&usg=AFQjCNFr3rAQuDgrwhdbaHd8OhAnkib-lg&sig2=8rAlzN1CdlzEQZo3MUvmcw

ute owners have been paying more for the last few yrs...so i guess this thread should of started 2 yrs ago when the put the rego up higher than a family car....

what about the tolls we pay for commercial vehicles. $3.99 for a car and $5.99 for light commercial Gateway

Clem7 $3.95 for mum and dad and $6.95 for Light commercial

ute owners have been paying more for the last few yrs...so i guess this thread should of started 2 yrs ago when the put the rego up higher than a family car....

what about the tolls we pay for commercial vehicles. $3.99 for a car and $5.99 for light commercial Gateway

you need to check your facts on that man, I have a ute, and pay the class 2 rate.

/>https://www.govia.com.au/via/home/About+go+via/Toll+costs+by+tolling+point/

she also said selling QR National wasn't going to cause the price of Citytrain tickets to rise.

If she wins office again, which she won't, she will say the costings for that promise were flawed and we can't afford not to hike the rego for everyone.

Lying mole, can't be trusted. We are all getting raped through our wallets over the last few years

you need to check your facts on that man, I have a ute, and pay the class 2 rate.

/>https://www.govia.com.au/via/home/About+go+via/Toll+costs+by+tolling+point/

Mate that is what I pay mate - because I happen to have it registered in the business. I can not understand that you get it for class 2 with the same vehicle and I have to pay more just because it is in a business name. No fact checking required mate

The fact is, whether it`s Cando man, Springborg, Langbroek, Seeney, or Capt. Bligh and the good ship Voter Mutiny or even The Mad Hatter, who ever forms a government after Saturday will screw someone, the only difference will be: who gets screwed,how they get screwed, where they get screwed and for how long they get screwed. :(

LNP is not raising rego.

I think the title of the thread should be -

Own a ute? You will pay the same rego under LNP and less if you have a car.

Mum and Dad Falcon.....Rego ~$850 pa

Cost = $850

Tradie Ute............Rego ~$1,000

less GST claimed back ~$ 50

subtotal $950

Value of tax dedn (30%) $285

Cost to tradie $665

;)

LNP is not raising rego.

Cost = $850

subtotal $950

Cost to tradie $665

;)

ellicat it is for all ute owners weather you are a trade or not

she also said selling QR National wasn't going to cause the price of Citytrain tickets to rise.

If she wins office again, which she won't, she will say the costings for that promise were flawed and we can't afford not to hike the rego for everyone.

Lying mole, can't be trusted. We are all getting raped through our wallets over the last few years

yeh she sold the part of qr that made the money and kept the part that cost money,,,very smart indeed.

LNP is not raising rego.

Cost = $850

subtotal $950

Cost to tradie $665

;)

Yes, I am aware, although the language being used here is deceptive.

It is an odd way to say that ute registration will stay the same. Normally comment is made on the thing changing - in this case everything bar utes bikes and trucks. It's just another form of political spin. The same as when The Greens and The ALP say under the Coalition ERP everyone will pay $1300 more tax (a figure which started at $720 until they figured a way to make it sound worse). The fact is people will pay no more tax than they are now.

My cost example was aimed at the tradies to ensure they knew the true picture before settling on their position, and the Mums and dads who were feeling sorry for the tradies.

LNP is not raising rego.

Cost = $850

subtotal $950

Cost to tradie $665

;)

Yes, I am aware, although the language being used here is deceptive.

It is an odd way to say that ute registration will stay the same. Normally comment is made on the thing changing - in this case everything bar utes bikes and trucks. It's just another form of political spin. The same as when The Greens and The ALP say under the Coalition ERP everyone will pay $1300 more tax (a figure which started at $720 until they figured a way to make it sound worse). The fact is people will pay no more tax than they are now.

My cost example was aimed at the tradies to ensure they knew the true picture before settling on their position, and the Mums and dads who were feeling sorry for the tradies.

One big assumption there Brian is that the Tradie has a average taxation rate of 30% - not the case in a lot of cases I would think presently.

30% between $37k and $80K

Would have to be close to most tradie's taxable income level.

So it's a fair example. Well, except those that don't have work anyway - but that's a whole other thread :whistle:

Over $80K it is more favourable to the tradie

Less than $37K less favourable to the tradie

but in all cases better than the Mums and Dad figure and that also assumes the M&D's are paying $150 less in rego to begin with !

Archived