Would You Pay More For Larger Prizes?

AFO

Would You Pay More For Larger Prizes?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay More For Larger Prizes?

• Yes
    • No

Unfortunately since joining AFO I haven't attended an 'event' yet (although I have done one Wavebreak and one Clean Up Oz day) - this has on the most part being due to timing (weddings, school reports, etc). I certainly intend on doing some though and, like most others, would be entering for the social aspect so I'm not interested in paying more for bigger prizes. Having said that, I do greatly value this website and get a great amount of enjoyment from it, so I certainly wouldn't mind if each competition fee went up slightly (say $10) if it helped to make events more profitable (or less costly .....).

The work you guys do Johnny and Angus (plus no doubt others like Mods) is amazing. I'm not sure if us rank and file members are able to provide help with differents things but I'm sure there would be many, myself included, that would be willing to offer their services to help the website.

if i have to pay more then it shouldnt matter if

1/ i use bait or fake.

2/ and prizes shouldnt go to the biggest fish it should go to the biggest of a set catorgery of fish

3/ plus who can afford to spend $100 when you factor in things like fuel, camping fees, NEW TACKLE :whistle: ,fines for not displaying life jackets ????

4/ weather or not we join in the afo monthly get to gether

i avent entered any comps yet but id more go the lower price for smaller prize, mainly cause i dont want to fish against pros, but i also will enjoy it more when its more for the fun than the prize whcih is what fishing is all about isnt it?

No fishing is about not being at home with the mrs and kid

i avent entered any comps yet but id more go the lower price for smaller prize, mainly cause i dont want to fish against pros, but i also will enjoy it more when its more for the fun than the prize whcih is what fishing is all about isnt it?

No fishing is about not being at home with the mrs and kid

yep

• 1 month later...

i prefer the lower rego cost for the comps as i have more chance of winning a lucky door prize than i do of catching a fish worth entering. the last 2 comps i've entered, i've managed to get out and fish for 1 day in the MBC and forgot to bring my camera, and didn't get the chance to wet a line in the BRC.

still entered as money raised goes to help the site and there is the chance i will drop a bait in front of a big fish. If the rego was too high, it would probably keep me off the contestants list.

Archived