Land Based Popper Action

Jig_Meister

Hey guys

So i wanted to put the soft plastics down for awhile and expand my horizons..

And i wanted to give surface lures ago i reckon getting a smack on one of those would

be unreal ! but i dont want to waste time and money especially with this weather

So i humbly ask for a starter kit on landbased success & techniques

Currently i have 2 poppers

Both natural colours i have noticed that the most popular

colour is red and white

I know it gets annoying people asking stuff all the time im not asking for

secret spots or aqnything like that but do i target flatts or deep water

or rocks and what colours should i aim for i am saltwater and landbased

Cheers for any info thanks Jamie ;)

river 2 sea bubble pop are really good and have a good action look for spots on the goldy to give a go at some trevs all along the broadwater around the swimming enclosure etc or you could try the hornibrook flats for whiting bream flatties etc its just casting and casting and casting its awesome hooking up on them its addictive good luck

river 2 sea bubble pop are really good and have a good action look for spots on the goldy to give a go at some trevs all along the broadwater around the swimming enclosure etc or you could try the hornibrook flats for whiting bream flatties etc its just casting and casting and casting its awesome hooking up on them its addictive good luck

Broadwater near the pools is a great little spot, heaps of Bream & whiting as well to be caught on poppers.

I love the R2S bubble pops & rovers (walkers)

The Loco Perro from pontoon 21 are very nice, they have awesome action ' walk the dog' action and good casting which is needed for landbased. Sweet bass lure if you can find a nice spot on dusk, Maybe youngs crossing?

Good luck, Lots of fun is to be had when poppin, just cant give up :)

Try using a mono leader, it floats and is easier to work the popper along the surface. For bream, i find a splash, spalsh, spalsh, spalsh, pause method works the best. Sometimes I pause for 10 seconds or more. They suck it down on the pause. I have found that whiting like to hit the lure while it is still moving. I haven't caught a trev yet... :(

Good luck, and once you pop, you can't stop!

Archived