31/3/12 somewhere in the bay

regulated

I'm training the missus up this weekend in the back yard on flicking the spin reel so I can hopefully get her onto some schools hooking some big stuff. She can handle chop in the bay fine but gets very crook in the swell offshore so I will only be hitting the bay. Hoping to videotape her getting owned by some nice fish :evil: :evil: Got all the trolling gear too and will give the newly aquired paravane a go too. I'm interested in seeing what effect a spaniard maniac has in a bit deeper water so will be giving that a go.

Question is where to take her. As we are getting out of summer, mackerel are on the way out and it might be a while before the cobes move in. Thinking of leaving cleveland and checking out rainbow and rous, maybe scooting around moreton banks up to the sandhills but I haven't really fished any of this area before. Any suggestions on where to take her.

Cheers for any info.

BJ

Training went well today, she's casting like a champion. Better than I did when I started out. Only messed up once so looks like she will put me to shame.

Not sure what the weekend is going to be like but. Predicting 15-20 southerlies on seabreaaze at the moment. I know from cleveland around the bottom of peel to amity is pretty smooth but with a strong S it might be a bit bumpy coming straight up past the islands. I think we came back in 15-20 SE before, what are southerlies like around there

Archived