Colmslie Bream 23/03

sunnydays

The last few weeks have been very busy for me, so it was a big relief to squeeze in a paddle down at my local, Colmslie.

It was a calm but warm afternoon that saw me fishing an hour each side of low tide. I was excited to try out my new gunslinger/fuego combo. I've got to say it was love at first cast! :kiss: These rods are seriously sweet! My only complaint is that it makes my old favourite rod feel like an ugly stick.

The plan was basically to flick little grubs around the pilons, and occasionly throw a popper over the flats. I got plenty of takes to start of with, but struggled to hook up. I've just started using 3lb leader and I'm still learning how much drag I can use when setting the hooks.

I ended up landing 3 bream and dropping many more.

I lost my landing net to the bottom of the river, but thats ok, it gives me an excuse to buy a new one!

I also met a european guy, Martin, who says he has a tarpon 140, goes fishing at Wello point regularly and is a member of AKFF. I have tried to show him that AFO is the only way to go! :P

post-7718-144598771386_thumb.jpg

post-7718-144598771398_thumb.jpg

post-7718-144598771407_thumb.jpg

[attachment]DSC00146.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:5]DSC00148.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks for reading! :)

Julian Wrote

nice work how do you find the fuego, whats the size your using ?

I've only used it once but so far i really like it. It's very smooth, very light and a solid little reel. I've got the 1500. My only gripe is that there is the slightest amount of play in the handle. I'm not sure if this is beacause I got mine 2nd hand, or if it is because I changed it to left hand retrieve, or if they are all like that. There are some really good prices out there too.

cheers :)

Archived